Predetermined Future (Part 2)

A week later.

"Ta-da~ Look what I got! It's your first mission! Excited?" Gojo holds up a paper detailing the details of the mission to Sukuna while showing his usual cheerful grin.

Sukuna's classes for the day have been cancelled because of this, so excited is the last word Sukuna would use to describe what he's feeling right now. Of course lazing around inside a classroom is better than fighting out on a field.

Well, fighting isn't a problem for Sukuna, in fact, he loves it, but it's just that he doesn't feel like it today. Come to think of it, when was the last time he had yearned the thrill of fighting? It's been long enough that Sukuna doesn't even remember.

"Barely." With his arms crossed, Sukuna answers Gojo with a bored look on his face.

"Nervous? Want me to come with you—" Sukuna snatches the paper out of his hands before he can finish. "Ijichi is waiting for you by the gate. It should take you about three hours. If you're not back by then or I find Ijichi dead, you know I will take everything to find you, right?"

"You don't need to threaten me." Sukuna rolls his eyes.

"Threaten you? Me? Nah~" Although Gojo is smiling, Sukuna can still feel goosebumps crawling on his back.

"It's just a small warning." Gojo leans down to whisper in his ear.

Inching away from the man who's standing too close to him for his liking, Sukuna scowls at Gojo before brushing past him, leaving to where Ijichi's car is parked.

---

When Sukuna steps foot into the abandoned building Ijichi dropped him off at, the first thing he sees isn't the cursed spirit he's supposed to deal with today, but instead, a person of his past...

"Sukuna-sama."

Even though time has passed, he still remembers the voice of his loyal follower.

"Uraume?" Sukuna is genuinely surprised to see them.

Uraume is dead, Gojo killed them, so it makes no sense that they're here, standing in front of him. It must be the cursed spirit's doing. Realizing that, Sukuna slices the illusion into pieces.

"Your cheap tricks won't work on me. Show yourself when I'm still playing nice." With his hands stuffed into the sleeves of his kimono, a bored expression finds its way onto Sukuna's face.

This time, Gojo appears. Before Sukuna can pull the cursed spirit out of its hiding spot, Gojo hugs him from behind, burying his face into Sukuna's hair. It only makes Sukuna more annoyed.

"You know I like you, right?" Gojo's words make Sukuna still in his hold. Gojo's hand ventures beneath the slits of his kimono, gently touching the skin on his chest.

"Let's head back and go on a date, hmm? I've prepared your favourite dish. I'm sure you'll like it." The sorcerer bats his pretty eyelashes at him, voice mysterious and seductive.

"And after dinner, you can sleep in my room tonight. I have something pretty to show you~"

"Your dead corpse?" Sukuna sneers before slicing the illusion in half.

By this time, Sukuna is annoyed enough to end this useless trickery once and for all, but something stops him. Maybe he's curious, or maybe there's something he hopes that the cursed spirit would show him. Could it see through his deepest desires? Or is it just something entirely else?

"Your technique is especially good for annoying people. I'm feeling merciful today, so I'll give you another chance." Fine, Sukuna will bite. "You only have one minute."