08 Premonition of a Journey

Published: 4

Published: 4.2.24

With the battle ended, Sinbad had given his thanks to Lixue and Kougyoku for helping him. Kougyoku no doubt flushed over his compliment.

Lixue stood by the harbor waiting for Hakuryuu's return. She'd no doubt lecture him about leaving without anyone knowing. Looking at the water she saw a boat coming towards the dock, she smirked maliciously.

_____

Later that night, Sinbad declared a grand celebration to mark their kingdom's triumphant victory over Al-Tharmen. Torches blazed brightly, casting a warm glow over the festive scene. The air was filled with the melodious strains of music, laughter, and the clinking of glasses as people celebrated with drinks in hand. Dancers adorned in vibrant costumes swirled gracefully, adding an enchanting rhythm to the festivities.

Amidst the lively gathering, Lixue found herself seated beside Hakuryuu and Kougyoku, a sense of contentment settling over her as she took a delicate sip of wine. As she savored the ambiance, Ka Kobun, approached them with a respectful bow. Lixue nodded inviting him to share whatever news or thoughts he had. The night was filled with possibilities, and the celebration was only just beginning.

"Orders from the empire to return?" Hakuryuu questioned. Ka Kobun nodded in confirmation, his expression serious as he relayed the news.

"Yes," he replied, his voice tinged with concern. "Not to mention the fact that eventually, we'll be viewed as unwanted guests. I believe it would be prudent to leave before that happens."

Before anyone could respond, Kougyoku interjected, her voice slurred from the drinks she had indulged in. "Nooo!" she exclaimed dramatically, clutching a cup in her hands. "I'm not leaving yet!"

Ka Kobun's eyes widened in alarm, and he rushed over to her side, calling out, "Y-Your Highness!" Lixue couldn't help but chuckle at Kougyoku's antics, amused by the scene unfolding before her.

Taking charge, Lixue stood up and walked over to Kougyoku, gently taking the cup from her hands. "Ka Kobun is right," she said diplomatically, trying to reason with the slightly inebriated princess. "We should get ready to head back home."

Kougyoku grumbled in protest, but Lixue knew that Ka Kobun would take care of her. With a knowing smile, she excused herself and started to make her way back to her room, intending to retire for the night.

However, her plans changed when she spotted Aladdin and Sinbad engaged in a conversation nearby. Intrigued, she paused, curiosity sparking within her as she wondered what they were discussing

"The Kou Empire's Magi, Judar. He has deep ties to Al Tharmen, and as such, he is a magi to be wary of," Sinbad informed Aladdin, his tone carrying a hint of caution.

As the conversation unfolded, Lixue made her entrance, surprising both Sinbad and Aladdin as she settled down next to the young Magi. Leaning casually against the table, she raised an eyebrow at Sinbad's words. "You seem very interested in our Magi, hm?" she remarked, her gaze shifting between Sinbad and Aladdin.