Chapter 10: Crossed Paths

**7 years later..**

On 20th floor

Midnight and his ally find themselves face to face with a formidable Shinheuh that resembles a wild boar. The creature is massive, with razor-sharp tusks and a thick, bristly hide. Its eyes gleam with a fierce intelligence, and its movements are lightning quick. Midnight and his ally exchange a quick glance, their hearts pounding with a mixture of fear and excitement. As the Shinheuh charges towards them, they steel themselves for the fight and not too long, with their courage and skill, they emerge victorious.

Announcement: First test completed. Congratulations! You passed! You may now proceed to the final test.

Midnight: As I predicted, easy win.

Midnight's face lit up with a smug expression as he relished in their easy-earned victory.

Midnight: Hey, Arie Family.

Midnight called for the boy holding two swords on his hands with white hair, wearing an open grey coat that extends into a cape on his back.

White-haired guy: It's Steven! How many times do I have to tell you my name?!

Midnight: Yeah, whatever. It's just easier to call you by your family name.

Steven: That or you just can't be bothered to remember my name?

Steven marched towards Midnight, his face twisted in a scornful expression as he scratched his head.

Steven: You've been like this ever since we met. Are you having a hard time remembering anything but that name of yours?

Midnight: Maybe.

Steven: Yeah, I remember back when I first met you on 1st floor.

**7 years ago...**

Steven: Huh?! How did I end up here? I was just on the...

Then he took a step back as a giant snake looking-like guy was in front of him.

Snakehead: Move. My business is not with you. I want that child.

Steven: What child?!

Then he looked around and saw a sleeping brown-haired boy wearing a prince-like outfit just on the side of his foot, asleep.

He was shocked and he changed his position into a fighting stance.

Steven: Why?! It's just a child.

Snakehead: Does that really matter?! We're in the middle of a test and I have to eliminate everyone I found on the way to survive and pass for the next floor.

Steven somehow took pity looking at an innocent child.

Steven: Well, you encountered me now and I'm on your way so why don't we duel?

The one who wins gets the child.

How about that?

Snakehead: Fine.

Then not a moment too long, the snakehead died in the hands of his dancing swift swords. He sighed and took out his pocket and checked the current test on the floor and the time remaining.