CHAPTER 9

Hi guys how are you .
So this week its independence day in US so i wish all my readers a Happy Independence Day .

Not taking too much time you can go ahead and read the next chapter and enjoy

.......................chapter 9 ...............

Alex pov:-

I was in my office checking files for the next investment plans and the expansion design for my Toronto Company when my best friend, Roman, barged in.

“Hey man, what’s up? I heard you’ve been to dinner with your family last night. " i wanted to punch that smerk off his face alot but i let it slide .

"Oh i forget My mistake buddy that was no dinner was it? it was a well plotted date blind date arraged for you by your "Mother Teresa?” he remarked emphasizing the word Mother Teresa.

I dismissed his comment and averted my mind back to the file in front of me “Are you here to bicker on me or is there any certain reason you barge in my door uninvited,” I asked raising my left eyebrow in a questioning way.

At that He fakes his yet another hurt expression of his which i already said was "fake".

“Ow, that hurt you know. I remember that we're best buddies, Alex, you broke my heart. I'm in pain now ouch my heart its wounded ” He said, placing a hand along his heart, clutching it dramatically while smirking at me.

“Seriously, Roman what’s the actual reason you came in? If there is none, then get to your work and let me do mine.” i finished the orlando investments leger file sliding it to the pile of my other however it never reach its destiny.

Roman stoped the file in my middel of the desk opened it pretending to read it but closed it again.

“Fine, you are such a killjoy, you know buddy. Ok so the real reason of being here is that my sister is in the center library and I have a meeting in half an hour, so I was thinking.........

"You were thinking umm humm,well thats new.here i was thinking that you lost your ability of thinking." i replied amused at him ."so what is it you were thinking anyway?"

  I was thinking.....if maybe you could go out ib your lunch time drive anound the city to free up your mind and then as being my on and only best friend pickmysisterfromthecenterallibrary also ".his last sentance was fast played but i caught it .i gave him my
(are you kidding, look)

“Are you serious man? Now I have to babysit your sister.? No Man I’m not doing it,”

I told him in a dismissing way and picked another file to check the ledger investment of my company.

“And by the way, why can't she call a cab or her boyfriend? She is old enough now i think”

“No she is nit old enough, she is still my baby sister and to answer your next question she, doesn't have a boyfriend and I don’t want her to ride any cab after the last incident of her almost getting lost .

Please Alex just do it once, I will owe you for it for the rest of my lifetime. You will become godfather to my kid and I will wash your car for next month,” he responds, giving me puppy dog eyes.

Isn’t he so dramatic. I know I’m dealing with him from my childhood. We are more like diaper buddy. Only sometimes he overdoes it. I told him, don’t do the puppy dog eyes but hell, he never listens to me. Darn him.

“OK, I’ll pick her up at....,” before I can complete my sentence I heard him doing his fist pump

“Yes, I knew you can never resist my charm buddy! Just be there at 1, ok? Don't wanna be late. Or you won’t be getting the sweet sister. She hates to wait and you don’t want her to make a scene. Bye,” he walked out closing the door behind him.

I drove my car at 120 mph. Why?

Guess why??

I was late!!

and... 

            I didn’t want Roman's sister, Maria, to break me a lecture on punctuality in the middle of the road. He was correct that his sister hates waiting. I remember when we were kids, how she use to shout at us for being late when we pick her up from elementary school.

I parked my car outside of western libraries making my way to the doorway. Roman said she'll be outside waiting. Where is she then? I’m late just five minutes but she won’t let it slide, I just know it. I was just about to go in the library when someone bumped into me.

“Hey watch where you going idiot,” said the voice. I looked down and saw a tiny girl with brunet hair.

when she looked up I realized that I saw her somewhere. Where though? Oh yeah, at the street outside the club, she is that brunet I saw.

“I’m sorry but I remember you were the one not looking so I think I deserve to hear an apology,” I cut in. She looked up, anger twisting her features.

“Pardon me! I think I heard you wrong but did you say that I need to apologize to you,” she exclaimed pointing her finger at me. Looking at me in a way that say (are you insane).

“Well, I don’t think you are deaf so start apologizing, I don’t have much time,” I raised my hand, shooing her off.

“Well hello mister, I think you need to go visit a doctor because you were the one walking like a mad cow. Because of you, I fell on my rear end and there will be a bruise for sure in a few hours so I am the one entitled to an apology. If you don’t know how to do it then I will enroll you in some school to learn it and also you will learn some manners too,” she said, getting angerier then ever her, face turning a color of red.

I ignored her walking away from her “forget it, I don’t want to speak to some commoner anyways.”

“Really and who do you think are you!? President of America! I guess you should go check your face in mirror idiot. Oh no, don’t do that the mirror will break up in embarrassment” she said, turning around the corner and disappearing into the crowd.

I was shocked . No one and I mean no one spoke to me in such a disrespectful way, ever. My jaw dropped at her remark. I heard a laugh behind me “Dude that was awesome. I guess I love that girl”

. “Perhaps then you should’ve asked her to babysit you Maria,” I said in a clipped tone making her to drop her smile and frown at me.

“By the way, where the hell were you? Weren’t you supposed to meet me outside the library”.

“Well you were late and I was hungry so it was you who I should blame for not being outside the library and don’t you dare, Mr. Alexander William, use that tone with me. I’m won’t take it like an obedient employee, I will kick your ass before you can say sorry,” she shouted opening the passenger side door and slamming it with a bang.

Owe now dont take your anger out on my car maria its precious.i told her on which i received a middle finger with a death glare.

I let out an aggrevated breath and drove her to her house. Why did I even wake up today, I thought.

..... .................................................

Please vote and comments

I hope u like it .

.................................................