ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

A/N: None of the chapters are proofread, so typos and grammar errors are inevitable.

You sat on top of the Going Merry's railing, resting your arms on your knees and watching as Usopp put his mask back on while Chopper and Luffy yelled. "Sogeking, do you where Usopp went?" Luffy turned around to face Usopp, who had his back on him in a crouched position, Sanji whispering something to him.

"D-Don't worry. He went back ahead of us on a small boat earlier!" Usopp, or Sogeking in Chopper's and Luffy's eyes shot up with Sanji kicking his head.

Zoro stared at the four, a deadpan expression forming on his face. "Just what does it take for them to recognize Usopp?"

Nami searched the boat throughout to find someone or something that sailed the ship to Enies Lobby but found nothing. She came back to the dock. You were still confused about the voice they heard, looking over at Franky. "You heard anything?"

"Nope."

"Like I said all this time, it was Merry's voice!" Luffy piped in, Chopper staring up at him in shock. "No way?! Really?!"

Franky's expression was stoic, but you could tell he was thinking about something. You looked over your shoulder and saw a bigger ship than Going Merry coming toward you and the Straw Hats.

Upon noticing the Galley-La company mark on the ship's main sail, you stood up on the edge and looked up to the dock of the ship, taking note of Iceberg standing on it with some of the workers waving at the pirates.

The tiny sound of a crack made you snap your head around, noticing the ship splitting from the middle. The front of the ship leaned forward while Nami stood on the other side, staring at the current state of the ship in shock. "Wasn't it stated the Merry could no longer sail?" you got off the railing and walked over to examine the situation.

Luffy's wide eyes stared at you before he ran over to the ram's head, yelling over to Iceberg. "Merry is in trouble! This is a good time, right?! You guys are all shipwrights! Please, she's been our friend who has traveled with us all this time! And just moments ago, she saved us! Please, pops!"

Iceberg was silent for a few minutes, looking at the Going Merry's condition from his ship, knowing there was nothing that he could do. "Then let her rest. I've done everything I could."

Luffy's face turned to one of despair mixed with disbelief, but let Iceberg talk. "I'm watching a miracle right now. A miracle of a ship that has long passed its limits. I've been a shipwright for many years, but I have never come across a pirate ship like this."

It took some time for the words to sink into Luffy's head, but he calmed down and clenched his fists. "Okay."

The Straw Hat pirates got off from the ship, lowering to a small boat that they used to watch the Going Merry from a distance. "Well then, are you guys ready?" Luffy glanced over his shoulder to his crew, who all nodded. "Merry, the seabed is dark and lonesome, so we'll watch you to the end."

Luffy raised the lit torch forward with a heavy heart, letting the flames spread from the spot where the ship had split. "Maybe it was good that Usopp wasn't here. He couldn't bear to see this."

You watched the gentler flames swoop over the Going Merry, burying her inside the fiery core while grey smoke and sparks emitted from the burning wood into the air and the sea.

Looking up at the sky, you felt snowflakes descending on the area. Those who came in contact with your skin melted in a second. The orange light mixed with a yellowish shade reflected off some of the snowflakes and the tears of a few Straw Hats.