ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ꜱᴇᴀ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛᴜʀᴇ

Nami sat behind you on the yagara as she looked around before the sound of a steam whistle blew in the distance, meaning the train was ready to leave the station. "It shouldn't depart just yet," Paulie commented as you kept your eyes on the station that started to come into view just a tiny bit.

"What makes you think the train is going to wait? CP9 is most likely hurrying it up," you quickly looked at him before adding more speed to the yagara.

Nami held onto the sides as the wind picked up even more before almost falling into the water as you stopped. You wasted no time and quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the boat on top of the yagara.

You went through the main entrance and down the stairs before looking back, throwing Nami on your shoulder, and skipping a few steps. Nami held onto you, but her eyes widened as she saw the train leave already. "Damnit."

You kept running towards it, but it had already left the station. You let Nami get off your shoulder as she dropped to her knees and placed a hand over her eyes. "Apologies... I should've run faster."

"Don't apologize. You're injured and still were able to run this fast. It's not your fault," Nami sighed as she lowered her head. You looked down at her before patting her shoulder, a bit out of character for you.

You heard footsteps and turned your head to look at Paulie. "So, you didn't make it."

"What's it look like?" you cracked your neck and fully turned your body to face him. "It left too early, or we were just too slow," you caught a glimpse of two men peeking out from behind a pillar, recognizing them as the station workers. "The train left a bit too early."

The two men tensed up before walking out from behind the pillar. "Ah, yes... all the passengers were already here, so-"

The taller man pushed the shorter one to walk faster to cut off his sentence. "The sea started getting rougher than we thought. At this rate, we thought Aqua Laquna would come very soon, so we moved up the departure time."

Nami was still covering her face, and you looked down at her again, but Paulie spoke up. "Hey, you... once the train has left, we can't stop it. It's not easy to say this, but this Enies Lobby place is...," Paulie stopped for a moment as he saw Nami wipe her face, thinking she might be crying. "Um, well, I do understand how you fell, but-"

"We're gonna go after them!" Nami announced with a loud voice as you and Paulie stepped back. He was shocked, but you smiled at the navigator. "Those idiots from the Government! They're not gonna get away with this! Hey, let us borrow a ship! A huge and strong ship!"

"Are you trying to sail out when the sea is like this?! You idiot. Don't say such stupid things when you don't know how awful Aqua Laquna is!" Paulie yelled at Nami, and the two began to argue for a moment. "You can no longer sail out. If you did, you'd be sailing to your deaths!"

"But Robin, too, laid down her life for us and-," before Nami could finish her sentence, you quickly grabbed Nami, the two station workers and threw them on your shoulders, and turned Paulie around and began to run. '

A huge wave crashed into the lower level of the station as you raced up the stairs to get to the main entrance and laid the three people to the ground. "It seems like this year's Aqua Laquna is going to be the worst if the first waves are this chaotic."

You stood up from the ground and turned to look at a Galley-La company worker who had suddenly arrived. "Hey, are you Nami?" the man asked the orange-haired girl. "An inconspicuous letter was left in the station plaza. It's probably from your friends."

Nami looked at him in confusion before she stood up and followed him. You stared at a wall that had a message written in pink text that read "Nami-san! Please read this! (Those other than Nami-san don't have to read it since they're idiots.)" and in a small font under Nami's name seemed to be yours too, making you cringe at it. "Is it Sanji?" you turned to the orange-haired girl who was busy opening the letter.