TenRose and Nightmares

A/N This story takes place post Doomsday when the Doctor successfully finds Rose and they travel together again. Credit for the picture goes to @/tenrose.shippers on Instagram.

------------------------------------

The Doctor sighed while he walked through the TARDIS. He couldn't sleep and he did everything that was needed to be done. The TARDIS was parked in present day London, so Rose could visit her mother the next morning when she woke up. Rose was sleeping two doors down from the control room, one of the Doctor's favorite rooms. He decided to check on Rose, just to make sure she was sleeping well.

The Doctor tiptoed to Rose's door and peaked in. She was wrapped up in a white blanket with her hair disheveled. The Doctor slowly walked to Rose's bed and gave her a kiss on the top of her head, thinking that she was asleep.

"Sleep well Rose," he whispered.

"I can't," Rose said. "I had a nightmare."

The Doctor was startled. Rose was in tears while she sat up, facing away from the Doctor on the edge of her bed.

"Rose, do you want to talk about it?" The Doctor asked.

The Doctor climbed over the bed and sat next to Rose.

"I-I dreamed that you and I got separated again, but this time it was worse," Rose said in between sniffles.

The Doctor placed his hand on her knee and Rose placed her's on his hand. It was silent, all except Rose crying.

The Doctor felt horrible for Rose. He doesn't know what to do. He has never encountered this with any of his other companions before. Well, Rose isn't just any other companion. She is special.

Rose stopped crying and continued the story. "You left me. On purpose, or at least I think it was you. I think you regenerated into someone else. It was you in a different form. Not the point. I was in front of an army of Daleks. There was someone else. She said she was your wife."

Rose started to cry again and this time the Doctor put his arm around her and she cried into his shoulder.

"The Daleks made you choose between saving me and saving your wife. You chose your wife and left me there to die."

Rose started to sob into the Doctor's shoulder. He still didn't know what to do to make her feel better. Then an idea popped into his head that would cheer Rose up.

"Come here Rose," the Doctor said.

Rose and the Doctor sat against the backboard of the bed with a blanket over their legs. The Doctor's arm is around Rose and Rose is snuggled up against the Doctor.

"Do you want to watch some telly?" The Doctor asked Rose.

"Can we?" Rose asked, perking up.

"We can, but we aren't going to."

Rose was very puzzled with the Doctor.

"Please tell me we aren't watching that stupid cat video again," Rose complained.

"That cat video is not stupid. It's cute, funny, and entertaining all at the same time!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"Well maybe the first three times, but after the tenth time, it gets boring," Rose protested.

"Well we aren't watching that and by the way, I have watched that video one hundred and forty two times and I laugh every time."

Rose started to laugh. "Are you serious?" She asked. "That many times?"

"Yes," the Doctor stated.

"Oh," Rose said, looking puzzled.

"I have made a video for you Rose. I call it Time," he said, pressing play.

It started with the Doctor when he was still in his first form, stealing the TARDIS. It took the Doctor on all of his adventures with his companions, one by one.

"Doctor, that girl with the long, brown hair keeps showing up. She keeps saving you. Who is she?" Rose asks.

"I don't know. It probably hasn't happened to me yet," he said.

When the film ended, the Doctor and Rose were amazed.

"That was an amazing movie Doctor. When can I see more?"

"Next time Rose. Next time," the Doctor told Rose.

"Doctor?" Rose said while she turned so she could look in the Doctor's eyes.

"That's my name," the Doctor said jokingly.

"Can I ask you a serious question?" Rose hesitantly said.

"Of course. Anything," said the Doctor.

"Toward the end of that movie, we were at Bad Wolf Bay and we had that conversation. You said Rose Tyler- and then you got cut off. What were you going to say?" Asked Rose.