CHAPTER 5

Saturday 6:30am (1 week later)

Jennie's P.O.V.

The week had flown by and we were now sat in the airport lounge in Incheon awaiting our flight to New York. As of yet, the Parks still hadn't arrived. It hadn't gone unnoticed by me that they were running late as I dialled my assistant's number.

Within 2 rings, she quickly answered the call. "Rosé where are you? This is unacceptable."

The gate for boarding our plane was announced in the background as I could hear Rosé frantically speaking on the other end of the phone."I'm sorry Jennie, we're nearly there! The traffic has been horrendous, we've been sat still in the taxi for the last 20 minutes-"

I scoffed, glancing at my watch. "Then in future, I suggest you set off 20 minutes earlier instead of inconveniencing me. I need you here to discuss our schedule for when we land. Don't keep me waiting."

And with that I ended the called, pacing impatiently back and forth. In the meantime, I was waiting for Lisa to come back from bringing us coffee when I suddenly remembered something from last night.

Delving into my Chanel tote bag, I glanced across at my daughter who was slouching in the chair opposite. "I've been meaning to ask you Rina, what's this?"

"Paper." Rina said, glancing up briefly from her phone where she was playing a video game.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Yes and what's on it?"

"Hmm... words." She smugly replied, her eyes still glued to her phone.

"Karina... turn that game off and look at me." I instructed when she continued to ignore me.

"But it's taken me nearly 2 hours to get to this level!" She protested with a pout that often mirrored Lisa's.

"You woke up 2 hours early to play that game instead of concentrating on your work, Rina." I sternly lectured as she sank further into the chair.

Huffing, she took the paper from my hands scanning it boredly with a fake smile. "Fine... sorry my bad. Not words, numbers."

She threw it carelessly onto the table in front of her before resuming her game. "You failed your algebra exam. When were you gonna tell us this?"

She gave me a sidewards glance as if I'd asked the most ridiculous question. "I wasn't hence why it was crumbled up at the bottom of my bag. Wait... actually, why did you go in my bag?"

"I was getting your cheerleading uniform to put in the laundry which your welcome for by the way." I stated, crossing my arms as the airport began to get busier.

"Why does it matter? It's just one test." She sighed, grabbing her coat from her bag and putting it on.

"Because I want you to succeed and it's important you get a better grade before you start your internship at the company as well as university next year." It was fair to say it was certainly a busy year ahead.

"So what? That had literally nothing to do with it and I'm doing fine in all my other exams." She continued to say, getting her airpods from her bag to block out the noise around us.

"Maybe so but that hasn't exactly been an easy journey either." I muttered, knowing that Rina hadn't found many of her subjects interesting and struggled at times with her attention span.

"Well I'm surprised you even noticed that since you were never there anyway. It was always mom who helped me." She mumbled whilst glaring at me, making me stare at her in disbelief at her attitude.

"Excuse me? What is with this attitude lately?" I questioned sternly, much to her annoyance.

"Nothing." She muttered again quietly noticing Lisa was happily making her way back over towards us, completely oblivious to the attitude from Rina.