CHAPTER 3

Wednesday 5:45pm

Jisoo's P.O.V.

It was late in the evening after finishing work when I made my way up to the top floor of the company building to Jennie's office.

Outside Jennie's door in the waiting room, my wife was still typing away on a computer in a world of her own. "Rosé you need to take a break from working, it was time to leave nearly an hour ago. Winter and I are making dinner tonight, we're having a movie night remember?"

"Just 5 more minutes and I'll be there, Jennie asked for me to send her these design confirmations before I call to reschedule a meeting with the designers." Rosé said, reaching to file papers into a neatly stacked portfolio in the filing cabinet behind her.

I sighed, taking a seat on top of her extremely tidy desk. "I know Jennie is a close family friend of ours and she means the world to me but someone really needs to remind her that we all do have lives outside of this company."

Rosé gave a sympathetic smile before returning to her computer. "It's just been busier than usual lately. I should probably mention that I'll be on call out of hours this weekend."

I rolled my eyes in dismay. "On call? Rosé, you're not a doctor. At the end of the day, it's just a fashion magazine."

"Definitely don't let Jennie hear you say that." My wife chuckled as she continued to type whilst simultaneously highlighting a to-do list that filled the page of her notebook.

"Come on, we need to go. Oh... hi Jen." It was the sound of her familiar heels and the scent of Chanel perfume that instantly prompted the realisation of Jennie's arrival who was stood beside the doorway with her arms crossed.

Upon seeing me, she frowned and walked across to Rosé who handed her one of the completed files with the list of advertising clients for the next magazine issue. "Jisoo."

"Here are the photos for the new Prada bag collection." I stated, taking out the final prints of this month's collection from my bag.

She scanned each one carefully before passing them back to me. "The photos are excellent, Jisoo. It's a shame we already did this similar scene 3 years ago. It doesn't give enough praise to the collection. We need to retake again in a new setting."

My eyes went wide in disbelief. "Jennie, we spent 2 weeks on that photoshoot. You really want to start all over again? You've gotta be joking."

"I never joke about fashion." Jennie calmly stated back whilst still reading the files of advertisers.

There was a moment of silence as I stood up from the desk, immediately backing away until Jennie spoke again. She kept her eyes on the papers in front of her, reading one by one as she spoke. "Just so you know I'm so extremely annoyed with you right now."

"What did I do?!" I yelled in protest and confusion.

"You made Lisa stay late on her first day without consulting me." She replied back cooly. I should have realised it had something to do with Lisa, most things usually did where Jennie was concerned.

I scoffed under my breath which didn't seem to go unnoticed. "And..? Why would I consult you about that? Besides, I just asked the team if they could help out for longer and she volunteered."

"Brilliant! Now she's volunteering to spend less time with me and Rina!" Jennie replied back sarcastically, slamming the file shut and throwing it back down onto Rosé's desk with a thud.

"I really don't think that's what she did, Jennie." My wife replied back calmly, reorganising the papers on her desk in the process.

"Well do I have your permission to ask Lisa to go on a photoshoot out of the office next Saturday? The set is a forest backdrop, elements of nature." It had been requested by Jennie to change the concept of the October cover so I knew she really needed it finishing ASAP with little room for negotiations.