this is me trying

Start from the beginning

I slipped on my sneakers as I jogged to the Principal's room on the ground floor. I went there a lot, to hand in council reviews, along with Nate.

To my surprise, Nate was already there, a sheepish smile on his face, as he avoided my gaze. Strange, he never did that. He usually smiled at me cockily.

Principal Kensington sat on her seat, adorned in her usual black coat and glasses, her eyes piercing through me. I squirmed under her gaze.

"Ishita, take a seat, next to Nathaniel," she said, scowling. She'd never scowled at me before.

I meekly nodded, sliding onto the chair next to Nate's. I looked at him in confusion, but he merely looked away. This was bad.

"You know, you're my most prized student," the Principal began. She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Good grades, student council captain," she sighed, taking a pause. "I just received an anonymous tip this morning...along with proof," she said.

My blood ran cold. No, no, no, no-

"You cheated on the entrance test, correct?" Her words made my head spin, as I dug my nails into my thigh.

"I- How-" I mumbled, as I felt something hot fill my eyes. Tears.

Nate turned around to look at me, his lips parted. I wondered if he'd sent the so-called anonymous tip. I'm sure it was him.

"Ishita, I can't keep you in the council for longer, much less as a captain. Cheating is prohibited, however, since you're a star student, I'm giving you one chance more," Principal Kensington muttered, curtly.

"Yes, ma'am," the words came out of my mouth. I felt numb, as I got up hastily, walking out, fighting back the tears.

I had no right to cry, I really didn't. Not when I'd cheated, stolen a chance from other students. But the tears still spilt out my eyes.

I heard footsteps behind me. Nate. I turned around to face him.

"It was you, wasn't it? You did it so I wouldn't be council captain any more-" I began, watching as his face morphed into hurt.

"Ishita, I would never," he said, as if that was absolutely impossible.

God, he was pretentious. "It was Ambrose. Ambrose Kensington," he admitted. "The tip wasn't anonymous, Principal just didn't want to expose her son," he grumbled.

And I didn't know what I was thinking, walking off, fury filled in my veins. I did what I had to, and that was spray paint Ambrose's dorm room door, with the words 'MANWHORE' in pink.

I didn't know why I did that, or why I even believed Nate, for that matter.

But all I felt was satisfaction. I didn't know if it was stupid and dumb, all I knew was that I took the feelings out of my body.

Ambrose would never understand, none of the other rich, fake brats would. People like me had to dig our way up here. We weren't handed everything in our lives, we had to work. And if Ambrose tried sabotaging the little empire I'd built, I'd sabotage his, no matter what it took.

The Night of Ambrose Kensington's murder

The Kensington mansion reeked of alcohol and cigarettes, as I stepped in with Maia. God, I wondered how many students here were underage and drinking.

The thought made me shudder. Technically, the council was supposed to be planning all this, I was still bitter that I'd been kicked out.

I'd combed my hair into a slick bun, golden hoops hanging low on my ears. Gold did wonders for my skin.

I smiled softly as Maia made her way through the crowd, to grab us some iced drink. Meanwhile, I spotted Nate, who suddenly disappeared into the crowd, thankfully .

He'd been pissing me off more, lately. For some reason, he always acted oh-so sweet when he met me. Like he felt pity for me.

I didn't want anyone's pity, and I most certainly didn't need it. I hated the little glances I received, people asking why I was fired from the council.

I shot them polite smiles, explaining how I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, and how it was a private matter.

After I'd taken out my anger on Ambrose, I'd felt bad. It wasn't like me to insult others, or to go as far as to write cruel curse words on anyone's property.

That was another level of low, and I acknowledged it. I'd done it all in the heat of the moment, I was upset, confused and most importantly, angry. I hadn't even bothered verifying the facts. I knew Ambrose was one of the only people bitter enough to snitch, but that didn't give me the right to be a bitch.

I fiddled with the little sorry note in my pocket, as I mustered the courage to go and find Ambrose.

I knew I should've informed Maia, but she had beef with Ambrose already, she'd just tell me not to do it.

That wasn't the way I'd been raised, my mom had taught me to always apologize for my mistakes.

I took in a deep breath, navigating my way through the halls. God, this place was huge.

Much to my dismay, I wasn't able to spot Ambrose even after fifteen whole minutes of searching.

Just as I was about to enter a room, I bumped into someone. Nate. Just my luck. He looked like shit, at the moment,

Almost scared of something. Next to him was a girl, I hadn't seen her anywhere before. She was probably new, probably a junior.

I looked up at the two, eyebrows cocked up. Were they hooking up? They both looked pretty flushed right now-

"Ishita?" Nate said, his voice calmer than usual. He sounded terrified. I bet he'd seen a spider and freaked out.

"Yes, Nate?" I said, arms crossed.

"This is...Naomi, uh- Naomi just," he stuttered. Strange. He never stuttered. The girl, Naomi, looked just as petrified as he did. She attempted a smile, but it resembled a grimace, honestly.

"There's a knife, uh- bloody knife," she muttered, as she looked at me anxiously.

A what?

"We saw a bloody knife, near the first floor, it's...gone now," Nate said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

This was serious, holy shit. I tilted my head, as I scurried over to the first floor, there were couples around, making out. The three of us scrunched up our noses.

The rooms were almost all filled, except one, the word bathroom was scrawled there. It didn't take a genius to know this wasn't actually a bathroom. Bathrooms were never in the middle of a corridor. They were always in the corners.

Naomi, the new girl, pushed past the door, which was slightly ajar, lights turned on. Before us, stood a barely conscious Maia and Ares, who had his arm wrapped around her.

But that wasn't what caught my eye, what caught my eye was the blood trickling down the white sheets, and the body lying on top.

I instantly recognized who it was, so did Nate. We shared a glance, as we stepped closer to Ambrose's...now unalive body.

Someone had stabbed him. Someone had stabbed Ambrose, and he was dead now.

"Ish, Ish, he's dead, he- he's left notes and texts and, god, I don't know what to do," a sob slipped Maia's lips, as Ares attempted consoling her.

Just then, my phone buzzed with a notification, as I clicked on it, a picture of a doll with the same hair and eyes I had popped up on the screen. Her face had been scratched out, and her body twisted.

That was all, and the text vanished. I felt sick to the gut.

Just then, a loud thud was heard from the back, Naomi had passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...so, I love Ishita, like honestly,  she's the most honest and unproblematic one amongst the eight, but she has her...flaws too.
So, what's your opinion about Ishita? <3
Word Count: 2170