//buddy bench//Susie x Jeremy//

The area was almost silent as the dark skinned boy sat on the bench at lunch. The only noise was the sound of birds singing in the trees, and the sound of his pencil writing against his homework paper. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold. The only negative thing in Jeremy's presence was a random mosquito flying around the area.

He sat there in silence, writing on his paper, until he heard a loud sigh next to him. He looked to the side and saw Susie, a chubby short girl with short curly light blonde hair and most notably a heavy southern accent that sometimes sounded sweet, but mostly sounded aggressive.

Jeremy knew Susie since kindergarten, but they were never super close. They talked every once and awhile, but not enough to be 'best friends'.

Jeremy parted his lips to speak, but hesitated. He decided to go for it and try to start a conversation. "Are you okay?" He asked. The blonde girl turned her head to face him. "Got written up." She said in her aggressive accent as she rolled her eyes. "W-Why?" Jeremy stuttered. "I got in a a fight." She looked him in the eyes.

Jeremy didn't know what to say, the only thing he could do was stare her in the eyes. He had never looked at her so closely. He noticed how pretty her eyes were. Her eyes were light blue and her eyelashes were blonde, a beautiful combination. "Is there somethin' on my face?" Susie exclaimed. Jeremy snapped out of the state he was in. "Huh? No." He said confusingly. She giggled quietly.

Susie smiled at Jeremy and leaned in closer to see what he was working on. She looked at his homework with confusion. "I ain't even gonna try to read your god awful handwriting!" She said. "Hey!" Jeremy exclaimed. They both laughed. Jeremy never had the nicest hand writing, but Susie was obviously overeating.

Susie scanned his paper, identifying most of the words but squinting her eyes at some that she couldn't read. "Give that to me!" She yanked his paper and pencil. She erased the words that looked like scribbles. "You really need to work on your hand writing." She said before she gave the paper back to Jeremy.

Jeremy smiled. "Um, Susie?" Jeremy said shyly. "Hm?" "I was wondering if you'd maybe like to hang out with me after school?" Jeremy blushed. "Sure!" Susie said cheerfully.

Jeremy smiled at Susie and blushed. 'Maybe we could get to know each other better...'