Out, Damned Spot

"I wanna kill your brother every time I see your face" Lucious grumbled as Kelly hugged him and Anika as she arrived at the dinner first

"It's not Jamal's fault so leave him alone" Kelly put her purse on the chair, sitting down once her father pulled the chair out for her. "Thank you" she moved some hair from her face. "I went to the doctor earlier. No broken or fractured to my face. Just bruised. I'll be fine in a week or two."

Everyone else started to arrive, greeting the three of them as they did. Well except Hakeem who Kelly didn't even acknowledge, still upset with him. It didn't help that he sat across from her.

"You feeling better?" Rhonda asked Kelly who nodded her head, applying some lipgloss to her lips.

"Yea, the pain medicine started working" she smiled and put her lipgloss away.

"Look, we both said some things that we shouldn't have, alright so let's squash all of this" Jamal tried to make amends with his young brother.

"My video about to drop in a couple weeks. Dad thinks it's dope" Hakeem took a sip of his drink.

"Of course he does. You and Jamal are competing. That's what he id supposed to think" Kelly rolled her eyes. "Don't know why. It's probably just the same song, worded differently about you sleeping with girls, having money, being famous. Just like most of your songs"

"You just mad because you gotta wait longer to do your wack ass song about women loving each other" Hakeem argued back to his sister and Kelly flipped him off.

"Empowerment" she corrected him. "Empowerment which is something you need to learn about" Kelly leaned back in her chair.

Just then, Cookie and Lucious walked into the dining area. Kelly smiled at her mom before going back to her phone where she was looking for new jewelry.

"That's cute" Anika whispered, pointing to a necklace that Kelly was looking at.

"I don't know if I should get it. Someone just might take it again" Kelly whispered back.

Anika went to say something but Cookie decided to speak up.

"What is she doing here?" Cookie asked, pointing to Anika who smirked, sipping her champagne.

"Have a seat, please" Lucious moved back to Anika.

"Hello everyone" Cookie acknowledged everyone else.

Cookie sat down before Lucious and Anika stood up in front of them all.

"We wanted you to be the first the know that I have asked Anika to be my lovely wife" Lucious revealed and Kelly immediately looked at her mom who didn't look happy at all.

"Bam" Anika showed off her ring.

"Oh here we go" she whispered to herself, drinking some champagne.