𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

episode one ———————ch

episode one
———————
ch. 3: isn't a choice
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Katara and Greenie walked out of the discussion room to find the Avatar. A few steps from walking out, Greenie found him on the top of the igloo. She nudged her elbows to Katara's shoulder, she turned her head at her. Greenie's eyes looked up and Katara saw Aang. He had his legs tugged into his chest and rested his hands on his knees.

"Are you okay?" Katara asked Aang and he turned his head with no expression on his face.

"A hundred years. Ally my friends, everyone I know, they're all gone." Aang tells Katara with a low tone in his voice. From being a happy kid to a kid finding out his family and friends are gone.

"Umm—we are sorry." Katara apologized to Aang as though it wasn't their fault but they felt bad for the kid.

"Believe us, we know how hard it is to lose the people you love." Greenie tells Aang, he looks at them then gets up from the top and uses his bending to bring him down.

"When I was little, I didn't really understand the war until the night the Firebender came." Katara paused then continued.

"They destroyed everything in their path. Everything. Everyone." They all continued to walk forward.

"Afterwards, Katara and Sokka's father with the other warriors to hunt down the Firebenders. That was three years ago and we haven't seen Hokoda since." Greenie continues with the story knowing Katara didn't want to remember those memories.

"He had left Sokka in charge when he was turned 13." Greenie brought up to the boy as she put on her hoodie over her head.

"I guess he had to grow up fast." Aang finally spoke up.

"We all did." Katara tells Aang then stops their track. "We're never really ready until we have to be." She advised him.

Aang looks out of the view to see a destroyed Fire Nation ship that is frozen with sharp ice sticking out of the ship.

"They were part of the Fire Nation's first attacks on the Water Tribe. The Firebenders were ruthless." Katara explained to him.

"Firebenders are still are and they will never change." Greenie commented.

"Since then, the Fire Nation has conquered most of the world. But the Waterbenders are still fighting back, especially the north and the Earth Kingdom is still holding strong. We hope." Katara continues about how there is still luck in the nations.