Chapter 21: The Jubilife Incident Part. 2

Depuis le début

Electivire didn't hesitate, crashing down its fist, an incredible strength behind the blow...

Typhlosion only had a second to react, shocked at the sheer speed of its opponent, holding both arms out defensively above its head. However, there was no way that all of the damage could be nullified. The force battered through, digging the fire-type deep into the cement under foot.

Yet, there were two other Pokémon at play. "Ampharos! Iron Tail that Electivire!" Tyson roared, and his Ampharos threw itself back into the fight, its tail shining a bright solid silver, brandishing the weapon against Electivire's turned back. However, Argenta's electric-type didn't seem all that troubled, not even paying any attention to the attack. It had good reason. "Magmortar, fire at your leisure." The Elite Four member casually spoke, and her fire-type, who had been slowly building its Focus Blast, finally unleashed the devastating beam...

It was a ball of light, far too bright for any to simply look at, and it exploded forward with a surprising speed, launched towards the Ampharos, whose face went wide by shock.

Ampharos only narrowly able to avoid the brunt of the damage from the ranged attack, yet, it wasn't able to completely avoid the powerful Focus Blast, and a side of its stomach was blackened, bruised and wounded, making it more difficult to move. It grunted in pain, trying to take a step back, only to fall onto one knee. It felt like its endurance had been sliced in half...

"Typhlosion, Eruption!" Tyson pressed forward, still confident that he could win this battle somehow, despite Argenta's ruthless offensive, but he was growing more desperate. His fire-type snarled beneath Electivire's unwavering force, emitting a heavy smoke from out it's mouth, droplets of magma falling from its jaw. In an awesome display of raw power, the fire-type unleashed the destructive fiery blast straight into the electric-type's maw, forcing Electivire to stumble back a few paces.

However, Electivire wasn't finished by that single attack, not by a wide margin, and it quickly recovered, brushing the fire away from its fur, though some specks remained alight, slowly burning away. "Electivire..." It mumbled underneath its breath, taking the hit personally.

This was a difficult fight for most trainers, especially when considering the abilities of either side's Pokémon. Argenta quickly identified Typhlosion's abilities, Flash Fire, and Blaze, and both didn't mean anything good for her. Flash Fire meant she couldn't risk attacking with a fire-type move, or else she would just empower their opponent. Tyson had a similar struggle. Electivire's ability, Motor Drive, made it entirely immune to any electric-type move, forcing him to use other attacks.

It was a challenge, but not one either wouldn't be able to overcome, they were veteran trainers after all...

And, through the combat, a lone figure raced through the carnage in the background, despite the brutal fighting going on all around him. "Bonzo, buddy, you alright?" [Y/N] asked, nervously, falling to one knee, trying to assess how badly he was hurt. "T-This little clown went to market..." He mumbled out, slowly coming back to the world of the living. That was good, even if he was rambling some nonsensical scramble of words. "T-This little clown stayed home..."

"Yeah, that's right, time to head home, bud, but you've got to help me out a little here!" [Y/N] said, and he lowered himself down, thrusting his shoulder underneath the clown's, pulling him up. Bonzo was a heavy person, which made moving him difficult, but he persisted on despite the odds, dragging him along through the intense fight. "Just a little further now..." He said aloud, partly to his new clown friend, but also partly to himself. If he could just push himself a little more than they would be gone in no-time...

[Y/N] turned his head, the fighting only just a few feet away from him. He could feel the fire's warmth and the static sparks zap against his skin, the ground rumbling with every attack from the back and forth. "Fire Blast!" Argenta shouted, and Magmortar joined the fray, unleashing a violent torrent of burning spheres straight towards the Ampharos. The electric-type avoided the first blast with a sudden Volt Switch, but took the second blast to the torso, forcing a temporary break, the flames spreading across its body. Ampharos wasn't frail however, rather its defence against ranged attacks was impressive for its size.