Chapter 14: Take your Time, Tee.

Start bij het begin

For a second, she got settled for the day before her system beeped.

"Let him in," she replied to the message.

Clint entered the office in silent slow pace. Though aware of his presence in the room, Tina remained focused on her computer system. He stopped behind the visitor's seat, reluctant to neither call her attention nor break the silence.

Tina: Do we have a schedule?

She typed on the system, reluctant to return his gaze.

Clint scanned her delicate oval face, "You wouldn't pick one with me," he replied.

Tina: Why would I pick one with you?

"Because I want to, we have to," he replied.

Tina: Really

Why?

He adjusted the seat and sat down.

"Tina, I really want us to be friends again. I don't like the friction between us." He exhaled, "ok, can we be friends again?" He waited for response but got none. Tina busied herself studying something from her laptop on the desk. Convinced that he wouldn't receive any response, he continued, "If you don't mind, I will like a reply over lunch during the week. I will take your silence as a no," he said, "and, I won't disturb you again."

She reluctantly shifted her gaze from her laptop to Clint, when he ended his speech to study his countenance.

"I will be on my way. I came to meet Ózó." He left.

The Whole Thing didn't make sense to Tina. Just when he stopped being annoying, he got confusing. Why was their friendship suddenly important to him? Maybe he could bear having her as a friend, not a date.

This would have passed for a good intro in a Nollywood drama, except that there wasn't any camera stationed anywhere. It could have made an interesting content for her IG handle, if only she wasn't partaking in this confusion. Clint could easily pass for an actor, with the different dramas he'd been pulling, recently.

The day's drama came very early. This was really going to break her day.

Tina: he stopped by the office today

Chidi: Who?

Clint?

Tina: Yes

Chidi: You mean he paid you a visit?

Tina: Yes

Chidi: What was it about?

Tina: Something about being friends again and giving him a response over lunch

Chidi: So much for a confused young man.

Did you give him any response?

Tina: No

What do you think?

Chidi: I don't know

Take your time Tee.

Tina: Do you think I should give that a chance?

Tina shrugged; the events of the last time she took advice from Chidi was still fresh in her memory, but here she is seeking advice seeking for another one, on the same person again.

What would you do?

Chidi: To be frank, I would

She would, Tina wasn't surprised. She knows Chidi so well by now to guess her response to certain opinions. She still typed. Tina waited patiently for her next message.

But I wouldn't keep my expectations high.

Tina: Thank you

Chidi: Uwc, bby girl

"Let's Roll This weekend." Iyke suggested to Clint after his long stay at his office. "Let's ball on Friday night,"

"You have forgotten, I have an engagement for the night."

"Oh, Tina."

"Mhmm." Clint nodded.

"Are you staying all night?"

"No, bro. I need some rest. I think I'm getting sick."

"Too bad you," Iyke said disappointed.

"Don't sound like you are lonely."

"I will be left with Anna then," Iyke said, a mischievous smile brewing on his lip. "Nothing spoil!" He said with dreamy eyes.

The following few minutes filled with Iyke's naughty verbal description and analysis of what his automatically rescheduled weekend would look like. Clint laughed as Iyke did what he knew best to do, being funny.

"Well, still gonna club on Friday. In any case you change your mind, join us." Iyke ended their discussion on this note. He jumped down from Clint's desk and announced his departure. He picked his keys from the desk and made his way out of the office after exchanging a hand shake with Clint.

Patricia Walked In on her daughter trying to select an outfit. She watched her for a while before settling on the bed.

Tina rummaged through her wardrobe half-aware of her presence, while she watched her go through her closet.

"Need help?" Patricia said softly.

Tina turned to look at her for the first time since she entered the room minutes ago.

"Going somewhere?" She asked, slowly advancing towards Tina.

Patricia picked up a black top from the closet. "It's always good to look simple but pretty when you hang out in the evening." She hung the top back into the wardrobe. "Light make-up and simple dresses like a short gown." She picked a sleeveless wine coloured short gown from the closet.

She handed it over to Tina who watched her go through her closet. "These stocks are old; you need new ones darling," she continued.

Tina hadn't forgotten; her mum and Chidi had one thing in common. They were shopaholics.

"Would you like to discuss where you are going?" She went back to the bed.

Tina joined her. She gave her the details, who she was hanging out with, why and where, excluding the drama that had ensued between them before now.

*****
Hello guys! You can now get the full Story on Amazon Kindle.