"You're my hero, Y/n.♡"

"I still don't get how Peke J is so clingy with Y/n. He just met her."

Chifuyu wondered with his mouth full of food as he watched the black cat curled up close to me, as I was sitting on Baji's bed in a comfortable position. Peke J purred while I scratched him gently, an obvious sign that he was enjoying the contact. Baji got comfortable next to me on the bed, a bit further from me this time as he stuffed his mouth with yakisoba, before placing the cat treats on my knee. I took one and offered it to the cat, which it happily.

"Cats like to pick their favorite humans." He commented, staring down at the cat as he handed the yakisoba to Chifuyu. "And they can tell the good people from the bad people." No wonder Peke J liked her the first moment he saw her.

"You must be a wonderful person if you got Peke J and Baji to like you so quickly." Chifuyu grinned at me as he used his chopsticks to eat. I closed my eyes and smiled a bit. "You are giving me too much credit."

Τhe moment I blinked, the yakisoba appeared right in front of me. I looked up to see Chifuyu offering it to me with a smile. I smiled at him and took it, using the extra chopsticks and started eating.

Looking down at the food made me recall one of the conversations I had with Baji over the phone one time. He told me about how Chifuyu and him would tend to share yakisoba often and how it was some kind of tradition between them. It made me feel a bit guilty, cause I felt like maybe it was intruding for me to be part of something special between the two of them, even if it was something as simple as sharing food. But looking up at the two, they both seemed unbothered by me eating along with them.

------------------------------------------

My eyes brightened up the moment they noticed the adorable bunny plushy inside the claw machine. It was white, it had a pair of pink marble eyes, a pink nose and a cute little red bow on it's neck. It looked extremely adorable.

The perfect gift to surprise Emma with.

Don't take me wrong - it's not like I wouldn't like to gift all my friends something. But knowing that Emma was a huge fan of plushies meant that I could NOT let go of the opportunity to get her the single and cutest plushy in the clawing machine I found right outside of the local arcade store, while I was on my way home.

With a determined look on my face, I placed my hands inside my pockets or wallet to grab my coins and made my way towards the claw machine, as if I had already claimed the plushy the moment I laid my eyes on it. I would win it for sure. For Emma.

-------------------------------------

"Ugh.... It's obviously rigged!"

I groaned in frustration, wanting to punch the machine, break it down and get the damn plushy already. I lost count of how many times I tried to win it, but it kept falling down. Even though I probably played around... well, seven times to win it, it felt like it was a hundred. And the anxiety of someone watching me fail miserably made me feel a bit embarassed but I didn't care.

At first I was fully positively, thinking that it was okay and that the next time I would win it. But the more I kept losing, the more frustrated I got.

"Yeah, you really suck at it."

My heart jumped the moment I heard a deep voice speak beside me, keeping his distance between us.