"My brother can be a bit careless, at times."

"No way you actually did that..."

H/n's voice laughed as he covered his mouth with eyes wide as we were walking side by side home, laughing at my stupidity. The two of us were now returning home after spending time with the Sanos and Baji for at least three hours, and on our way home, I told my brother about the encounter I had with the two strangers and how I mistook one of them for a girl... He was laughing hard and making fun of me, but after he stopped laughing, he looked at me with his e/c eyes that were just like mine, as if I was looking in my own eyes from the reflection of a mirror. "Seriously though, you should really be careful.. Don't just approach people like that out of nowhere - strangers, most importantly! No matter how kind you want to be, you never know who you may stumble upon and how someone could take advantage of your kindness... Especially if I'm not there, if anything were to happen to you-"

"Yeah, okay 'MOM'," I rolled my eyes at him. I understood his concern and I appreciated him caring over me... We both loved each other dearly and we had promised to always support each other no matter what and have each other's back no matter the situation. But I could not help but always feel guilty everytime I had someone worrying about me. "I know, I know, I've already learned my lesson..." I said, making my brother chuckle and ruffle my head playfully, messing up my hair as I pulled away my head and attempted to fix my hair quickly.

I heard the sound of a notification on my phone, making me grab my phone from my pocket to check who sent me a message, even though I kind of expected who it would be.

--------------------

Pretty girl Yuzuha💖💕

I'll pick you up tomorrow by your house at 6. Brother said he allows you to stay until 10

--------------------

I found myself a bit relieved by her message. Four hours were probably enough for us to finish our project, and hopefully even manage to spend time together. I typed back.

--------------------

Sure, you don't have to pick me up tho, I can come by your house, don't stress yourself.

No it's fine I'll come pick you up.

-------------------

As Yuzuha insisted, I decided to shrug it off and agree, feeling happy that we would be able to meet up and spend time together, even if it was for a project.

I tried to shake this weird feeling however... It felt like Yuzuha's messages were a bit... well, 'dryer' than usual. She was not the type of person to necessarily be all fuzzy and cute and sweet and use cute emojis or whatever, but I could usually feel more excitement by her messages whenever we texted. And we really wanted to meet up together one day at each other's houses and I had expected her to be happier and more enthusiastic over her inviting me over... But her message felt almost robotic in a way.

Well... Maybe it was just me. But... I could not help but link a few things together, and... I had a small feeling that things were not too good at Yuzuha's household. I was worried about her, because she would appear injured often and she would barely talk about her family or parents other than Hakkai. Plus, when Yuzuha talked about Taiju.... Well, even though she did not tell me anything much about Taiju other than the fact that he was her elder brother and taking care of her and Hakkai, I could tell there was much more to that.