Ch 10 (NOT AN APRIL FOOLS)

ابدأ من البداية

"Nygma....." The vigilante narrowed his eyes at the man on the screen, anger slowly rising behind his calm demeanor. This explained the sudden disruption in his communication system.

"OH, dark knight, I'm touched you remember me!" Nygma spoke with fake joy as the video kept glitching, his voice coming through in glitched interruptions through the audio of the computer. "But of course you remember me, for I am your greatest nemesis: The Rid—Ri—Rizz—THE RIDDLER!" Nygma, or Riddler, spoke with great pride in himself as he flexed his skinny arms. The dark knight kept a neutral expression behind his mask and watched closely. The Riddler smiled at the dark knight before frowning. "W-why the sad look d-dd-DORK KNIGHT? You didn't forget about me did you? Good.......because I didn't forget about you."

"What are you doing here Riddler?" Batman spoke sharp and harshly, catching Riddler off guard as he slightly flinched from his side of the video. Batman didn't have time for Riddler's sick and demented games or puzzles, something the intelligent man should've known. "Surely you see the situation at hand, being of high intelligence. I don't have time for your puzzles."

"Hmm.........you know what Dork Knight, you had everyone fooled." Riddler spoke, ignoring Batman's words as he paced back and forth. A small image appeared in the corner of the screen, a recording of when Scarecrow unmasked Batman. "You fooled so many people into believing YOU were Bruce Wayne. You even had that poor man die in his own house from a bomb that YOU planted, just so you could keep your identity a secret. You even went several months without saving the imbeciles of Gotham, everyone believed you were dead........BUT NOT ME!!!!!" Riddler shouted as he got closer to the screen, the image of Batman's unmasking disappearing from sight. "Only I, THE RIDDLER, could see through the lies! For five years everyone believed you dead except for me! Did you expect me of all people to believe the Justice League got all their special equipment from the government?! BAA, no, only you could make such fancy toys! But your different from last time we faced one another.......just look at what you did to Scarecrow!"

An image popped on screen once more with the words "LIVE FOOTAGE" on the top right corner. Jonathan Crane, Scarecrow, wore a white straight jacket with ARKHAM on the back. Medical bandages covered all of his face except for his eyes and lipless mouth, his teeth always shown. Scarecrow mumbled to himself and rocked back and fourth in the corner of the room. Every time the light flickered, Scarecrow stopped breathing before crying. Riddler lifted up a small button before pressing it with a smirk, turning off the padded cell's lights. Scarecrow then began to scream, slamming his body against the walls and floor as he began to yell out a jumble of words that couldn't be made sense of.

"What you did to scarecrow, disguised as Bruce Wayne, was brutal. So I can only surmise that now, you are the real Batman. All that anger and hatred......it'll be perfect for our final showdown...."

"Nygma—"

"YOU HUMILIATED ME, AGAIN!!!!!"Riddler shouted as the footage of scarecrow disappeared. Riddler stopped himself and began breathing in and out slowly before slicking his hair back and smiling as he picked up his famous staff. "But........this time will be different. So don't worry about me Dork Knight.......so long as I don't kill you.......Brainiac said I can do whatever I want." Batman felt his neutral expression disappear and caution became his top priority as multiple vents began to open up inside the lab. Riddler laughed as he twirled his cane around. "I'd be running if I were you! Luthor doesn't like people using his toys!"