Ch 3

"W-what the hell?!?!?!?!"

Boomerang shouted as he let go of Flash, letting the hero drop to the ground. The lights had been turned off automatically and it felt as if he just saw a ghost. He wasn't the only one who was spooked, Deadshot and Shark looked around the darkness with unease as they remained grouped up with the others. Harley looked out into the darkness, a look of confusion on her face.

Pew!

Pew!

'What the hell?' Deadshot's attention turned to his arm-mounts and squinted his eyes upon seeing something small, stuck on his left mount. It was black with a tiny blue dot on it. He reached up and tried picking it off, only for it to remain stuck against his mount. He extended his arm outward, aiming forward to shoot at the suppose to be dead hero.......only for his mount to malfunction. 'Shit!'

"Waller, WALLER?!" Boomerang pressed on his comm only to receive static. Boomerang frowned and his arm began to shake as he looked around the dark. They were against a wall, but even then he didn't feel safe. Boomerang cursed, realizing the front entrance might be their only escape, and it was located on the other side of the damn building. Boomerang shook his head before staring into the dark. He then darted forward, going past his teammates in desperation. "EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!!!"

"Damn it Boomerang!" Deadshot grunted before he tried shooting his arm mount again, only to be stuck with failure from his gear. Deadshot sighed before running forward, into the darkness after the Australian. "Come on, we gotta find the exit. He can't take us down if we're together."

".......idiots." Harley sighed as she gripped her bat tightly. Deadshot was running in blind and had zero experience dealing with Batman. Boomerang on the other hand had experience, but his desperation for escape got the best of him. Harley pulled out her revolver before stopping midway. She looked down and spotted no tiny machinery attached upon it, making her give a quiet sigh of relief before she holstered it. She hummed before turning to Shark. "Looks like it's just you and—"

"BATMAN!" King Shark roared after recovering from his terror. The roar echoed throughout the room as the giant humanoid unsheathed his scythes and twirled them around his three fingers before grabbing the handles. He then charged forward as well, heading in a different direction as he disappeared into the dark, his voice echoing. "I CHALLENGE YOU!!!!!"

Harley sighed in disbelief after seeing Shark charge in, looking for a fight with the hero. They were making her look bad, cowardly even despite her having the most experience with the Batman. Harley went over to one of the unconscious A.R.G.U.S soldiers and retrieved a flashlight from them. Before she stood up, she stopped herself and reached down to press her fingers against the two soldiers's necks.........she could feel a pulse, though it was barely there. She then looked over the soldier with batarangs impaling her body, noticing no important arteries have been penetrated as well.........Batman was more brutal than ever.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

————————-
Boomerang.
————————-

'This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real!'

Boomerang thought to himself as he ran through the dark corridors of the building. Boomerang wasn't.......well, he was a coward, but if he had to take his chances in here with the Bat or out there with the aliens......he'd choose the aliens any day of the week. As he was running through the corridor he soon spotted a flashlight laying on the ground. He quickly snatched it up and shined it up at the walls, thinking that if he spotted the man then he would stand a better chance. Instead, he was met with the sight of an A.R.G.U.S soldier hanging upside down along the wall, a string wrapped around his ankles. The soldier was bloodied up and his fingers were bent backwards, blood slowly dripping from the wounds.