❣︎ 𝒜𝒷𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉ℯ𝒹 ❣︎

I stood in the entrance of the tomb and stared at my brother.

"Hi there, little sister," he greeted me.

"Came to mock me, big brother?" I grinned at him.

"No, I brought you this," he showed me a huge bag. "Care package; light, blanket, something to read - Shakespeare, I know how much you love him," he dropped the bag in front of me. "And... lunch." He brought me a bottle of blood. That was nice. They actually cared about me.

"Give that to me and I'm gonna have to share with her," I looked over to Katherine, who was standing behind me leaning against the wall. Damon picked up his hands in defeat and played with the bottle, "Yeah..."

"You know, you two are surprisingly calm considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan," Katherine commented.

"I've been dead before. I got over it," Damon replied unbiased.

"Oh, he's not going to kill me, honey," I informed her. "And he won't kill my brothers neither. I can guarantee you that. Though I'm not sure about you."

"Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out," Damon promised.

"Yeah, that would be great. I can't handle it here with her anymore." Katherine rolled her eyes. One day with her in there and it was enough. I couldn't stand her. Damon nodded at me, shot Katherine a hateful stare and left.

"Are you really going to hate me forever?"

"After you ruined my brothers' lives? Yes," I snapped.

"Oh, come on. What do you want me to say, Alice? I didn't kill them. Your father did. Plus it's not like they died for nothing."

"Really? For what did they die then?"

"I won't apologize if that's what you want. I have nothing to apologize for."

"I know you won't. And I don't expect it," I replied arrogantly. How I hated her.

"You know, you and I could be good friends. If you just accepted that the world is a cruel place and it won't be better." Ha! Me and her? Friends? She had to be joking.

"Or maybe if you weren't such a bitch," I gave her a fake smile. She sat down, "I wasn't always like this."

"Well, I don't care." I wasn't in a mood for her life story.

"Poor thing. Where's that little, innocent girl?" she asked.

"She's long gone."

"She is indeed. But the new you isn't much better than me if that's what you think." I
ignored her. I hoped for a little bit of silence, when we heard the tomb door open. We both turned to its direction. Who could it be? Damon? No, he had been here a while ago. I grabbed the light and we went to look, who decided to pay us a visit. We approached the entrance and my eyes laid on the original vampire. Katherine gasped.

"Elijah..." I exhaled.

"Good evening, Alice," he greeted me and turned his attention to Katherine. "Katerina, thank you for having a good sense to be frightened." But how was he here? How did he know? "Alice, you're coming with me," he announced.

"Why should I?"

"Because the lovely Elena and your brothers want you back. Thanks to them and the deal with Elena, I found out where you were. So I would come for you myself eventually," he stepped aside. "Please, come."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. I've had the spell lifted." I went towards Elijah hesitantly and walked out of the tomb. The moment Katherine saw me come through, she used her vampire speed to escape. As she wanted to pass through, the invisible barrier was back and prevented her from coming out. Elijah approached her. "And as for you, honey. You shall not exit until I say so," he compelled her. "When Klaus comes, he'll want to know exactly where you are," he broke the eye contact and turned to me. "Come now, my dear. We're leaving," he headed out.

"Alice, no," Katherine pleaded. "Please don't let him leave me in here." I devoted her a cold look, "Goodbye, Katherine." I didn't care about her. It wasn't a problem to leave her there. I gladly did it.

After the surprise of Elijah getting me out of the tomb, he led me to the apartment he had been staying in. His witches lived with him there. Well, they preferred to be called warlocks.
      Elijah didn't let me leave the apartment almost for a week. He wanted me to stay safe. Though after that one message from Damon, where he said he wanted to see me and that it was important, Elijah let me go. He did it reluctantly, but I begged him and eventually convinced him.

I walked into the house where we should have met and called Damon, because he wasn't there. "Damon, I'm here. Where are you? You said you'd be here. You know I don't like waiting."

"What? Where?" he asked confused. Was he joking? He couldn't be serious.

"Come on! You texted me to meet you here."

"I didn't," he said. I frowned. Great. I turned around at the feeling of someone standing behind me. So someone had to steal Damon's phone and text me the message.
      I spotted a strange man.

"Alice?" I heard Damon's voice coming through the phone speaker, but ignored it. I ran towards the man in intention to feed on him and kill him. He was obviously the one who had sent me the message. He reached his hand in front of him and I stopped in my tracks.
I squeezed my head and dropped the phone.
A scream escaped my lips in agony of the pain that penetrated into my head. It was like if thousands of needles were piercing my brain. After a few seconds I fell to the ground unconscious.

3rd person

"Alice?" Damon addressed his sister. There was silence, which was followed by a painful scream. "Alice! Hey!" But Alice didn't answer. "Damn it!" Damon cursed. He had to find her. But he couldn't do it alone. He told Stefan and together found the place, where their sister had been. They parked in front of the house and got out of the car.

"You sure this is the place?" Stefan wondered.

"Better be," Damon replied. "It's a nicest foreclosure in town."

"I swear to god if she's not here -"

"Don't be such a pessimist." Together they walked inside.

"I'm gonna look upstairs," Stefan informed and jogged up the stairs. Meanwhile Damon searched the first floor of the house. He found Alice's necklace on the ground. He picked it up and held it in his palm. Stefan returned from the upstairs. He wasn't successful either. Their younger sister wasn't there. But she had been.

"Here's Alice's necklace. It's definitely the right place," Damon showed Stefan the jewelry.

"Where is she then?"

"I don't know, Stefan," Damon replied desperately and they left the house. Their only option now was Elijah.

3rd person

I woke up on the hard ground and sat up. I saw the man that had tricked me. He was a warlock. He was standing in front of another man, his hands holding close to the sides of the other man's head, and chanting some spell.

I reached up to my chest for the necklace, but it was gone. Which meant I couldn't get out without burning to ash. That man knew it. He had done it on purpose.
      The warlock stopped chanting and stepped backwards from the man on the chair. He then got up and slowly turned to look at me.
I picked myself up from the ground and faced him. It was Alaric Saltzman. The history teacher, vampire hunter and also my brothers' friend. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Alaric," I questioned. He approached me, "Hello, love. Long time no see." He took my face into his hands and made me look him in the eyes, "I have missed you." In that moment my eyes widened. How? How was it possible?

"Klaus..." I breathed out. He smiled at me sweetly.

✧✦✧

Author's note: Ahh! Finally!