❣︎ 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽 ❣︎

It was a beautiful afternoon, which was an amazing opportunity to spend some time out in the garden. Me and lord Elijah's and Klaus' sister Rebekah were sitting not far away from the place, where lord Klaus was sitting and enjoying the sun alone. I was braiding Rebekah's hair, when I noticed lord Klaus observing us. Well, precisly me. I devoted him a smile. He smiled too and looked away shily. I averted my eyes back to Rebekah's hair and was happy inside. It seemed that it was no longer in lord Klaus' intention to be careful around me and keep his distance. Though to my sadness, not much changed in lord Elijah's attitude. He was still avoiding me in some way.

"Alice," lord Klaus spoke up. My concentration turned from braiding Rebekah's hair to his beautiful eyes, which were looking straight into mine. "Would you like to go for a walk around the garden?" Being pleased he asked me that, I agreed. I excused myself from Rebekah's and other's presence and with lord Klaus' help got up.

"Did you have to ask now, Nik? You're stealing me my lovely company," Rebekah laughed softly. I promised her I would finish her braids afterwards and accepted lord Klaus' arm.

We were silently walking in the garden, when lord Klaus stopped by the bush of platicodon grandiflorus (it's a blue violet flower with a star bloom). He plucked one bloom. "May I?" he asked. I nodded and he placed the flower in my hair.

"Thank you," I thanked and looked into his eyes. He stepped a little closer to me and put his hands on my waist. I shivered under his touch a little, because I didn't expect it at all.
I was browsing his face, reached my arm to his face and shoved his hair away. My attention caught his soft lips. For a moment I thought about kissing him. I stood on my tiptoes, but then changed my mind. However, he pulled me closer to him. We both leaned for a kiss. It was the first time I kissed a man. And it was an intoxicating feeling. His lips were so sweet. I needed more. I didn't want the moment to end. But nothing lasts forever and even this moment had to end. Our lips parted and we smiled at each other.

That day and the following ones were the most beautiful I had ever had. I was in love, truly. It was a pure, wholehearted love. I felt like I was floating all the time. Like if I was gonna fly away. I felt a warm sensation in my heart whenever I thought about him. He was my true love.

I was wandering around the estate. It was already a night. I couldn't sleep, so I decided to just walk around for a while.
When I got into the salon, I stopped in my tracks and couldn't move from scare. There was someone. No, not just someone. It was lord Klaus and he was biting someone. His brother Kol was there with him and he was doing the same until he noticed me. He ran towards me so quickly. It was like if he just teleported himself. He didn't get to get too close, because Rebekah hurried in front of me. She turned to look at me. My eyes widened. She was a monster. They all were. Her eyes were red and there were veins pulsing under them. A scream escaped my vocals and my fear enabled me to run as fast as I could. I ran up the stairs into my chamber, slammed the door behind me and locked it. I slid down it crying. I knew exactly what they were. They were vampires. The main reason my father had sent me away, not just that he had wanted to get rid of me.
I couldn't believe it. This was just a dream. It had to be.

I was laying in the middle of the beautiful flowers, which grew on the meadow, looking into the sky. I wished my mom was with me. I needed her so much. She had always known what to do.

I hadn't talked to lord Klaus and any of his siblings for almost two days. I had always somehow managed to avoid them.
Most of the time I was spending alone.
I didn't want to see them or talk to them. I was afraid, so in those lonely moments I was imagining that it all was just a bad dream I woke up from. Neither of those people existed in this life. They were just characters in my dream my mind created. They came and went with the night. The sun expelled them back into the shadows.

I watched the clouds being blowed away with the wind, and the birds flying above my head. I wished to be a bird. Then I would be able to fly away from all of it. I would be able to fly wherever I wanted to. I would be free. My wings would rise me into the sky.

A warm breeze touched my face and with it a piece of parchment landed right next to me. It was a letter. I picked it up and read it.

The letter:

I never meant to fall in love with you. I never meant to let you in. But then I should not have kissed you. Not the first time. Certainly not the second. There is a light in you so bright that makes me feel like the man I wish I was. And forget the thing I am. I am chained to certain hungers. And have damned many others to my fate. You've seen what we do. We hunt. We feed. We kill. You know what I am. A vampire. My family are the first. We are the originals. But I am not only what you saw. I also desire. Deeply. And I can love. As I love you.

It was from Klaus. And it was the most beautiful letter I had ever received. Perhaps there were good vampires. Maybe they were able of human feelings.
      Perhaps Miss Katherine had truly loved my brothers and that was why she had wanted to turn them. Perhaps she had loved my brothers just as lord Klaus loved me. Perhaps even my brothers had truly loved her. Just like I loved Klaus.

You probably can't choose who to love. Love just comes and doesn't care about the time or the circumstances. But if it comes, you should enjoy it.

Maybe I should talk to Klaus. Yes, definitely. Our love was strong enough to overcome everything. This letter was a proof.

✧✦✧