❣︎ 𝒩ℴ 𝓂ℴ𝓇ℯ ❣︎

I sat on the couch next to Elena and kept my eyes on the vampire in front of me. She paced around. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know he's real."

"He's very real," I added.

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"One of the originals. He's a legend," Damon summed.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan explained.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked another question.

"No," Rose didn't hesitate to reply. And of course wrongly. "Yes," I corrected her.

"Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Was she even listening to me?

"Are you sure about that?" I questioned. "That's why you are so scared of him?"

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan said. Like if they knew more than me. Damon rolled his eyes.

"But he's not," I tried once more. They just didn't want to admit to themselves that they were screwed either way.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena was afraid.

"Yes," Rose replied simultaneously with Stefan, who had a different opinion. "No."

"What they're saying is - I mean what Alice and Rose are saying is true -" Damon tried to clear things out.

"It is true," I spoke up and interrupted him. "I have to know, because I've lived with them for almost three years. The difference is that they were nice to me. I know them."

"Well then we're looking at a solid maybe," Damon finished. Elena swallowed nervously. Stefan noticed the nervousness on her and wanted to ease it, "Look, Elijah's dead, right?" His intention unfortunately didn't work as he wanted. I had to ruin it, "He's not at all."

"He is. Damon killed him. You saw it, Alice," he got up and sat next to Elena, who wasn't getting any better.

"Yeah, but he's an original. That comes with some perks."

"What perks? What are you talking about?"

"Perks like that he can't die. Well, he could. But not anymore. There was a way. However, his family made sure of that. So he's immortal. With which I mean immortal."

"Wait, his family?" It was actually funny to see all of their confused and shocked faces.

"Yes, there's a whole family of originals." Elena got up and threw her bag over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Stefan wondered.

"School. I'm late," she replied simply. She was trying to act normal. And it actually looked like everything was normal. In her presentation, it looked like if the conversation we had, had never happened.

Stefan got up too and offered, "Let me grab my stuff. I'll go with you."

"It's okay. I know where it is," she refused and turned her attention to me. "Alice, you wanna come?" Did she really just ask me to go to school with her? I raised my eyebrows, "Ahm, what? Me? I've never been to school. I mean-" Stefan nodded at me wanting me to go with her.

"Okay, fine, I'm going," I got up and left the boarding house with Elena.

"Okay, I gotta admit school is fun. History is the best one subject. Why did you take me here anyway?" We had a break for lunch.

"Just trying to get to know you," Elena smiled. We walked over to the table and sat down. "Oh, really? That's so nice. Do you really mean it?"

"Of course. You're Stefan's sister."

"Fine, what is it, Elena?" I knew she didn't take me to school with her just like that. Without having a reason.

"You have a beautiful necklace. I see it's really important to you. Was it a gift? Whoever gave it to you must have been very important to you." She was right. The necklace was important to me. Just as once had been the person who had given it to me.

"Look, Elena, if you want to know anything about Klaus or Elijah or the originals, just ask me. I know you took me here, because you wasn't sure if I could be trusted. But believe me when I tell you I'm over them." Well, that wasn't fully the truth. I didn't know if I was over them. I had thought I was. But when Damon had pierced Elijah's heart, it had felt like if some feelings had actually emerged out on the surface. "They left me and I had to take care of myself alone. And now that I found out Stefan and Damon are alive, it feels good again. I'm not alone. I got my brothers back. And I also got a new friend. You are my friend, right?"

"Of course I'm your friend," Elena touched my hands to assure me. "I'm sorry I didn't trust you and tested you. I really want to know more about you. I just wanted to be sure. Even though you're Stefan's sister."

"It's okay."

"Tell me more about everything," she wanted me to tell her.

"Just remember you asked for it."

Flashback - England, 1869
------------------✧✦✧------------------

I fed on a man, but that didn't silence my hunger. So I came up with something. I had done it many times before and it had always worked out. I dragged the man in the middle of the road and kneeled beside him, when the carriage was coming. I waited until it was close enough and got up. I ran towards the carriage and it stopped. I pretended the man was my husband and panicked, "Please! Please help us! Please, my husband. He's been hurt. Please, help him!" The coachman got down and headed over to the man. From the carriage got another man, "What are you two doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe."

"No, no, sir. It's not safe," I launched at him and fed on him. The coachman turned around at the sound of lament, but I wasn't there anymore. I stood behind him and as he turned around, I showed him my fangs and fed on him too. I killed them both. I drained their bodies so that there didn't remain even a drop of blood. I dragged them into the woods and let the other animals finish them off.

End of flashback - England, 1869
------------------✧✦✧------------------

✧✦✧

Author's note: I'm sorry it took me so long to post. Hope it's okay with you, guys. Love you.