chapter 1

Sarah Jones walk down the street with the feeling she was being watched. She look at her surroundings, the streets were somewhat deserted since it was 1am. Apart from some people eating at an all night diner looking at her through the window she saw no one. Yet she had a gut feeling someone was watching her on the street. She was so busy with her thoughts she walked into the road not looking before she crossed the street. Out of nowhere a hand grabs her and pulls her toward themselves and she felt a wall of muscles. A car screeches to a halt then the driver runs out of it.

"Are you hurt?" The driver ask.

"No I'm fine, sorry it was my fault. I didn't look where I was going"

"Next time be more careful it's a miracle you're still standing here I thought for sure you were a goner". The man get back in his car and drives off.

"Thank you for saving my life," Sarah's head was resting against his chest. She look up at him to see what her mysterious saviour looked like. He was about 6'2 and if she had to guess about 180-200 pounds but from what she felt it was all muscles. She looked at his blonde hair and his blue almost aquamarine eyes and bite her lips. The man was gorgeous, he had a cute nose and gorgeous lips. If she had a guy she pictured as her forever guy with perfect looks this was him.

He smiles at her showing her his dimples. Sarah makes a sound then closes the gap between them and kiss him. She stood back from him in shock that she kissed a stranger. "I'm so sorry I don't know why I did that. Thank you again for saving my life".

"Warren, my name is Warren".

"I have to go, I've got work in the morning"

As she turns to leave he calls out "Can I at least get a phone number.'

She stops walking, "You did save my life after all I guess I can break my rules". She gives him her mobile number and he rings it. She turns off her phone when it starts to ring.

"Why don't we meet and have coffee some time", suggest Warren.

"I would love that I'll let you know when I'm fre. I really must get going".

Sarah arrive home and heads for the shower.  She was soaping herself up when she realised one she was almost killed, two she kissed a stranger, three she met a bloke and four she has his number. Fate was weird at twenty two she just finished college and started a job working in an accounting firm. She finishes her shower and wrap a towel around herself. She walk to the mirror and takes in her almost waist length light brown hair and her light brown eyes. She was a mixture of Jamaican and Puerto Rican and was 5'7. Her skin was naturally tanned. Often people would say to her great tan and she would correct them and say it's her natural skin colour.

She had breast she thought that was just right size they weren't too small. She was happy with her 34D breast and her flat stomach and ok looking hips. Or as her mother called them good child raring hips. At a dress size 4 she often wondered how her boobs were so big. She put on her pjs and go to bed.

The next morning she get up brushed her teeth and have a shower she put her hair up in a sleek up-do and made herself some toast for breakfast. She arrives at work with ten minutes to spare. She worked at Thompson Inc as an accountant. Her job was to do whatever the senior accountants needed her to do. She was a junior level employee but the pay was good and the company had a great reputation and was regularly voted in the top ten for customer service and employees satisfaction in the country. She sits at her desk and her manager comes over to her, "Ah Ms Jones I'm sorry to lose you. Since you have been a wonderful employee one of the best I've had. You have given us two years of exemplary work".

Sarah feels tears start to form "Oh  god I've been fired and you're letting me go so publicity."  She look around the room and realise apart from her manager and one other person the room was weirdly empty.

"No, no you're not fired I would not disgrace you like that", says Simeon her manager. He smiles at her, "My apologies you've been promoted to the 25th floor you will be working for Mr Thompson himself congratulations my dear. Suddenly the room was full of her colleagues. They clapped for her and offers her their congratulations. Simeon placed a bouquet of flowers in her hands she noticed the sunflowers in it they were her favourite flower, a large cake with congratulations written on it appeared on her desk. She saw some colleagues with plates and forks, she thanks them and cut the cake to find it was her favourite lemon with buttercream. Everyone stood around talking and eating cake when it was over she hugs everyone and packs up her desk and head upstairs to see her new boss.

Simeon went with her carrying some of her stuff for her. Her friend Beth Brown, a tall African American woman in her twenties was clutching the balloons she had received and her laptop. When sarah get to her desk she was surprise to see she had an office with great views over Manhattan and the Hudson River. Her new boss wasn't around because he was at a meeting. She put her box down on her desk and collect her stuff from Beth and Simeon before thanking them and placing things in her new desk. She looked around the room with its floor to ceiling windows with a large leather chair and a large mahogany desk. There was an iMac on her desk already so she realised she won't need the laptop. She put it on the shelf of the large bookcase behind her.

Once her stuff was where she wanted it to be she sits at her desk. Sarah notices two door with curiosity getting the best of her she gets up and goes through the first one. It was a bathroom that wouldn't look out of place in homes and gardens. The second door was a kitchenette with an Nespresso machine. She looks through the cupboards until she finds a cup and make herself a coffee which she takes back to her desk as she didn't have any work to do yet. She decides to walk out her office and familiarises herself with the floor. There was a large and a small conference room and a staff kitchen, she knew the building had a restaurant for the staff but she wasn't aware this floor had a kitchen.

When she was finished she went back to her desk, her mind wondering on Warren and the kiss.  Sarah was ashamed to say she enjoyed it and definitely want to see him again. She had never been kissed like that before there was so much passion to the kiss. Sarah knew she wasn't very experienced when it came to men since she was still a virgin after all. She was bought up to only give herself to her husband and boyfriends once they knew they weren't going to get nookie dumped her. There rejection empowered her because she knew she was doing the right thing waiting. It almost became her personal cause.

At noon there was a knock on her office door Sarah look up from her computer to see Warren from the night before staring at her smiling broadly.

"Well I hope you had a good nights rest," he says.