.𝐨𝐧𝐞.

a world of heroes, villains, both unbalanced with each other. heroes over-bare villains, which is a tragedy. my father knows how to fix the world, but he can't fix me.

꧁꧂

i never thought trying to be alone would be so difficult. to be alone in the open to be specific. i guess my father has the right to be overbearing, but i feel trapped.

here i am, walking around masutafu town square, looking at shops and other things i find interesting. the town air always relieves me when ever i finally get to go out, it's not as musty as my own home. that place is like a dungeon, though my father tries his best to make it feel as homey as possible.

as i navigate around, i come across a flower vendor selling an assortment of different flower species. they reel me in with their earthy scent and elegant sunny hues. maybe i could sneak a bouquet for myself..

i reach in my pocket for any loose change, and to my luck i had ¥1500. sweet. but first, i'm going to have to make a choice. which ones?

my eyes glaze and examine each bouquet one by one, i was attempting to find eye candy. nothing seemed to intrigued me; that is , until my eyes land on bright and vibrant pink peonies. my face lights up in excitement and i gingerly pick up the bouquet, burrowing it in my face softly. the street vendor's eyes seemed to be glued on me when i was doing so, telling me that i need to pay now or reject the flowers.

i purse my lips sheepishly and hand her the cash, then i thank her and go on my merry way.

the streets were filled as always, nothing else special other than the 100's of all might post boards. jeez, they were everywhere.. my dad says he is not someone to be bantering about, and i understand because i trust my father with all my heart. however, i sometimes wonder if heroes aren't so self centered as my dad perceives them. being good isn't so bad..

this all goes through my head while i'm walking through the streets, anywhere to keep me occupied. and it seems like i was so in thought, i hadn't even heard the first explosion that rumbled the city streets.

once the second explosion hit, i snapped out of my state and finally heard the screams of civilians fleeing the heart of the chaos.

'shit'

sure, there have been small villain attacks day to day, but this one sounded urgent. usually, i'd ignore it and walk away. however it seems like someone's not getting their paycheck this week--not from me at least.

i grasp the peonies against my chest risking the temperature imbalance, and i start to sprint toward the chaos. as i ran i could see glimpses of terrified people running away the opposite direction, and when i arrived, i could see the reason why.

there were barriers blocking lingering civilians from getting any further to the scene that was taken place. i push my way to the front of the crowed, like trying to swim through crashing waves, and then i saw it clearly. a massive muddy and sludgy monster causing panic and distress. there was fire everywhere, and explosions scattering and demolishing near by structures. it was scary, that's for sure.

my eyes narrow at the monster, examining exactly what he was doing. it didn't seem like the sludge monster was the source of the explosions..

"there's a boy in there!" a woman cries from the other side of the crowd.

i gasp almost placing my hand over my mouth.