Oh. Oh!

"I think it's better if you ask her about it, Michelle. We all know you and your wife just restarted your relationship. And you guys are still on the stage where you two could easily question each other's actions because you're still building your trust."

"I ‌trust her. There is no doubt about that. Perhaps I'm just scared that one day she'll walk away and I won't know what to do."

There's a light pat on my shoulder. "You would know. There was a time in your life when she wasn't there, and you thrived really hard to survive. You can live; you can survive without her. Just that you don't want to."

"Do you think she feels the same way?" I asked sheepishly.

Max raises one perfectly shaped eyebrow, and a knowing smirk appears on her lips.

"She came back to you, didn't she? Left what's already been in front of her just so she could look back and see you. It's perfectly fine to be frightened. It means you feel so strongly about her, and that's love. If you're not scared of losing someone, then you don't love them that much at all."

I chuckled, proud that Max had become wiser. "Since when have you become this clever?"

She hit me on the arm with a playful glare. "I don't know. I reckon it's because I'm now married, just like you guys."

A recurring thought comes to mind, and a stupid grin replaces my sad expression. Soon, when the time is right and everything falls into place, I'd be the happiest person to ask for her hand in marriage one last time.

"Not married yet." I said, feeling the chilling breeze coming from the vast body of water in front of us.

"Then maybe you could do something about that, my dear cousin."

"Why does it have to be me to always do the proposing?"

Max narrows her eyes in my direction before she huffs. "Because you're the more impatient one. She followed you to be with Dani in Makati just a few months ago, and you didn't let the woman enjoy her time with the kid. You've rather enjoyed her company more than she should with your daughter."

I couldn't help but flush at her statement as I recalled the day she arrived. Not even a week has passed since something happened between us.

Throwing her head back in laughter, Max shakes her head. "Goodness me, you're hopeless."

I lifted my shoulders in a shrug. "So what if I am?" I asked proudly.

She rolled her eyes, but a bright smile appeared on her lips. "And you are so whipped for her, too. You'd do anything for that woman, and don't even get me started with Dani."

My cousin is right; my girls had me in the palm of their hands, and I have nothing to complain about it.

"You'd do the same once you have a child. You're going to whine about it, but you can't do anything about it."

She sniggered. "Oh, tell me about it."

"So everything is great, right? I don't have to brood about it."

"No, Jon Snow. There's no need for you to brood. But ask her about what I've told you, yes?"

I look at her menacingly and say, "Shut up, and I will. I don't want her to be away for a week, especially if there's something on her mind that's going to bother her."

"And how do you feel about her leaving you and Dani for the entire week?"

"Sad. I told her I could go with her, but she didn't want me to come with her. She said I had to be at work, but I'm the boss."