BARFLY

barfly, n.

You have the ability to talk to anyone, which is an ability I do not share.

"How's Paris, dear?"

"Still a beautiful city, but cold. We still have three more days here, and we want to make the most out of it."

Michelle's mother called early in the day in Paris time while they were watching a movie in the room. Her head resting on Anntonia's lap, while Dani is lying down on top of her chest, eyes trained on the T.V.

Ann was the one who reached for her phone, seeing that someone was calling her. Her face lit up when she saw it's her mother-in-law. But her girlfriend didn't want to answer the call, reasoning out that she didn't want to disturb their family time. Telling Ann that she really wanted to turn off her phone so no one from home would disturb them.

After a light scolding from her girlfriend, Michelle gave in and picked up the call.

"How's your family?" There was a hint of enthusiasm and excitement in her mother's voice.

It did the same to her, too. 'Your family', that made her smile. Before, it was only Dani and her, now it's the three of them. A complete and whole family of three.

"They're okay. We took a break from going out today, Dani just wanted to watch a movie with us and it's snowing today, we're too lazy to go out."

Michelle closes her eyes, feeling Ann's fingers massaging her scalp, raking it back and forth. She looks up to gaze at her, admiring how beautiful she was with no makeup on. They're watching an animation film and just like her daughter, Ann's into it. Really enjoyed the movie.

"We miss you too, mum." Ann looked down at her, smiling. "Yeah, I will." She rolled her eyes, making her girlfriend raise both of her eyebrows. "Thank you for taking care of everything, mum. Your granddaughter's gonna be so happy, she's not gonna be jet lagged by then, I hope."

"Thank you, Mum," Ann interjected.

"Yeah, I'll let her know. Okay, see you when we get back, bye, mum. Love you."

"Mum said everything is ready for Dani's party. She also said that I should take you and Dani shopping before we get back. Do you wanna go shopping, baby?"

It's Anntonia's turn to chuckle at her lover. "Ready to spend some Euros for our baby, mon amour?"

"I'll buy her anything but toys."

"You know she's going to at least get one toy, right?"

"I don't know where to put that toy at home anymore."

She stared at Michelle with amusement. "I can take it, so she can add it to her toys in my parents' home."

That's the thing that Michelle had been wanting to ask. When they got back to Makati, she wanted to know their house situation. If Anntonia would want to move in with her and Dani in their house since they can't move in to hers because it's her parents' house.