BREACH

breach, n.

I didn't want to know who she was, or what you did, or that it didn't mean anything.

In both their minds, they keep on thinking, asking themselves if it was a drunken mistake? A spur-of-the-moment thing? Or is it inevitable?

Without saying anything, both of them dressed up. Ann, not waiting for Michelle to say something, she left and went back to their daughter at her former in-law's home. She went straight to the washroom to really fix herself because she thinks her hair and her clothes still look dishevelled.

Her mind keeps going back to what happened, though. Fuck. It was her. It was Anntonia. Yes, her ex-wife kissed her, yes, she instigated it. But it was she who did a double take and kissed Michelle that led them falling into the bed together.

If only she stopped herself. But it's too late now. There's no point for her to think if only she could turn back the time and undo it. Oh, she's got a lot of things to undo. If only she can do so. No one noticed the change in her mood when she came back, her daughter was busy talking to her grandparents, telling them stories about her beloved toys.

She was in the kitchen, getting a plate. Wanting to drown herself with food just so she could stop thinking about it. But it seems like God is playing tricks on her because Michelle is here, she clears her throat. Pondering if she should run outside the living room or stay here.

Michelle stood beside her, getting herself a plate as well. "Ann..."

She closed her eyes, back becoming rigid. "I'm sorry."

Shaking her head, facing the short-haired woman, "it's my fault, or it's our fault, not just you. What we did-"

"Please don't say it was a mistake. Please." Michelle pleaded quietly.

"But it was. It was wrong. We just cheated on Jia." The stricken look on her face makes Anntonia's knees want to buckle.

It's on her, though, and she will have to be honest with Jia about this. She has to know the truth and it will be up to her if she's going to end things with her or not.

"Do you regret it?" Michelle rasped. "Because I don't. I know you're with someone else now and I know it's probably a big mistake for you to make love to me. But I'm not gonna lie and pretend that what we did was just a drunken mistake, at least on my part. I-if there's one thing that you really know about me is that I don't lie about how I feel for you. I don't regret it, because.."

"Don't say it. Please don't say it."

"In all the things we did, I never once regretted something when it comes to you. I know your girlfriend's great and she makes you the happiest, but I'm just laying it all out here. I'm not even going to ask you to come back to me, because I know I'm old news to you and I know you don't love me anymore. And if it's going to be the last time that I'm gonna be holding you like that, then I'll die happy but I won't ever regret what we just did one bit, every bit of it is something I want to cherish."