Chapter 17: Behind Her Mask

Monty lunged at Freddy before the bear animatronic could finish speaking. With a roar and a leap, the bloodthirsty Monty pinned Freddy to the ground.

   "Gregory! Your Fazer Blaster!" Freddy yelped desperately. Gregory shoved his flashlight into his backpack and pulled out his golden laser gun toy. Then, he aimed it at Monty's head. Gregory pulled the trigger and watched the beam of red light hit the animatronic's head. However, it didn't do any harm to the animatronic.

   "HA! Some little toy ain't gonna work on ME. I got sunglasses!" Monty guffawed. However, as he was distracted, Freddy pushed Monty off of him and the gator animatronic stumbled back. Freddy quickly rose to his feet.

   "Well, Monty. Let's see if we can get those off you!" Freddy said eagerly.

   "Bet! It'll be the last mistake you make," Monty threatened.

   "Oh... we'll see about that," Freddy laughed. The two animatronics launched at each other, each ready for blood. Freddy and Monty ended up stumbling into the nearby gift shop, knocking over shelves and other various objects in their chaos.

   "Ugh! Gregory! Go find the Security Office and retrieve a camera! That should be enough to stun Monty! Ugh, just go!" Freddy exclaimed as he and Monty brawled.

Without hesitation, Gregory turned around and ran down the stair steps down to Monty Golf. He ran through an empty golf course, running under a wooden shack, a camera booth, and to a diner. There was a security door next to the food bar. Gregory ended up in a kitchen, then ran down to a security hallway. The walls were made of a sand-colored concrete, and the floors had gray tiling. Eventually, Gregory opened a door and ran inside a security office with black-and-white tiled floors. There was a u-bend hall running around the office, with both ends leading back into the hall Gregory was just in.

"Okay... Freddy needs a FazCam... where in the office can I get one?" Gregory asked himself. To the right of the entrance was a metal office door. Gregory walked through the doorway into the office. Inside the office was a Level 7 badge, as well as an assortment of notes. There was a gift box on a desk chair. Gregory picked up the box and opened it up, retrieving a small, yellow flash camera.

"Great! Now... I need to get back to Freddy," Gregory said. He left the office and ran out the way he came. When he reached the elevator pad, however, he knew simply using the camera wasn't going to be easy.

"Well, well, well... I have you trapped between a rock and a hard place!" Monty cackled. From the top of the stairs, Gregory could see Freddy laying on the ground, with a shelf thrown on top of him. However, Freddy had successfully managed to knock off Monty's sunglasses, his red eyes exposed to any kinds of light.

   "Hey, Monty!" Gregory yelled.

   "Huh?" Monty grunted. His head shot toward the stairs, where Gregory was at. His confused expression morphed into an eager grin, lusting for a meal.

"You're REAL foolish to come back here..." Monty growled. He began to march toward Gregory. However, Gregory used the camera and took a picture of Monty's face, up close, using flash.

"AAAHHH!" Monty wailed in pain. He clutched his head in a tight manner. Gregory shoved the animatronic with surprising strength, who fell backwards. While Monty was falling and grasping his head in pain, Gregory ran over to Freddy and helped him up from under the collapsed shelf.

"Ah..." Freddy groaned.

"Are you okay?" Gregory asked desperately.

"I am fine. Now, Monty is temporarily immobilized. We MUST finish him..." Freddy said determinedly. Freddy stood up and marched over to the gator animatronic. He delivered a powerful kick to the face.