Chapter 10: The Tale of Five

When the clock reached 3:00 am and the power was restored, Freddy left the recharge station to go back to Parts and Service. The Daycare Attendant was long gone, but he unfortunately dragged Chica away with him. Freddy had two objectives in mind- retrieve a weapon for Gregory and rescue Chica. He had three hours before the clock reached 6 am and Gregory could leave. Freddy let Gregory out of his stomach hatch so they could take the Stage lift out, but the elevator was already up, and there was no way to call it down.

"What?! Are you serious? How are we going to leave now? We can't get you back into Parts and Service to take the elevators!" Gregory asked.

"Well, there is always the Warehouse, but that place is dangerous. If the animatronics are compromised, they likely are as well. I am going to have to accompany you. Besides, I would hate to get separated again," Freddy said.

"Yeah, me neither," Gregory agreed. That's when he remembered the digital note that Freddy left in the Atrium hours ago. There was a note that required a four-digit code to access.

"Freddy... you left a digital note at the recharge station. One of them needed a code to access. I have it on my FazWatch if you want to see it. What's it for?" Gregory questioned.

Freddy shrugged. He, despite secretly getting his memories of his TRUE self back, still didn't know what that tablet was supposed to mean.

"I... do not know. That has been plaguing me for months! No matter now, we must keep you safe and prevent any more death!" Freddy replied with confidence. The two walked down the foreboding hallway of the Warehouse, leading to uncharted territory.

"Are you ready?" Freddy asked one last time. Gregory nodded his head.

The two carefully stepped past the door as it ascended above them. Past the door was a concrete-constructed room, built eerily similar to a parking garage. The room was cold and pitch-black. This room merely served as an entrance to the rest of the Warehouse. The Warehouse hallways were similar in design and color to the Utility Halls, only they were shorter, straighter, and narrower. Boxes, crates, and equipment lined the hall. Cautiously, the duo moved forward, into the darkness of the Warehouse. The air blowing through was cold and loud, contributing to an unnerving effect.

"This place gives me the creeps," Gregory shivered. Freddy nodded his head grimly. At the end of the first hall was a locked fence and some stacked metal crates. However, on their left was a vent shaft that Gregory could crawl through.

"A dead end?! How unfortunate," Freddy sighed.

"Now what?" Gregory demanded.

"I am afraid you are on your own, Superstar. Listen, there are a series of mounted-up buttons that will open slide-up doors. When you open the first door, they will await you. They have been sealed away for most of their existence," Freddy warned.

"I'll be safe! Don't worry..." Gregory promised. He jumped on top of the green boxes to reach the vent shaft. Before he crawled deep into the Warehouse, he turned around to face Freddy.

"I'll be fine. You'll keep anything from entering, right?" Gregory asked. Freddy sighed out of worry. His Superstar had rescued him, and now he was going into the depths. There was nothing he could do for Gregory, just like how he couldn't do anything for him while he was locked in Parts and Service. He couldn't do anything for his sister, and he was the reason his brother died. Freddy HATED being powerless, but there was nothing he could do, and he just had to accept it.

"I will keep you safe from outside threats..." Freddy agreed sorrowfully. Gregory crawled into the vents, the cold air and dim lights welcoming him without warm regards. Freddy was left in the dust. There was nothing he could do except stay out here and hope to God that Gregory would live.