Chapter 14: Princess Quest

Start from the beginning

"The dungeons are rather chilly..." the Princess muttered to herself. The dark dungeon she was in was ice-cold.

However, before she could gather her thoughts, an enemy warrior made himself known with a sword. The Princess ran away from the man, trying to navigate the dungeon. She reached the end of the long runway, thankfully intact. When the Princess stepped out into the courtyard, she was immediately drenched with heavy raindrops.

There were a set of candles that needed to be lit. To fend off the dark, she lit the candles under the cover of the stone hedge. The light began to radiate across the courtyard.

"Delightful! Now, back in the castle..." the Princess sighed. She walked across a stone bridge before descending down a stone flight of stairs into a tunnel. The tunnel led to a room with a dark purple treasure chest. The room with the purple chest was extremely cold. Not chilly like the dungeons, but cold. As if there was a source of evil.

"That box has something evil inside of it..." the Princess said. She retrieved a purple key from the inside, which provided a bridge over a chasm to a stone door. This stone door led beck to the three-way room the Princess was in. She used the purple key to get through the middle door. Immediately as the Princess opened the door, a blizzard of cold overwhelmed her. Then, she heard a whisper.

"Vanny..." an unknown entity whispered hungrily.

"What?" the Princess whispered. With her lantern in hand, the Princess continued into the room. However, when she walked down the stone path, it was evident she had a problem.

"I've been waiting for you..." a chilling whisper said hungrily. That's when a purple rabbit-shaped entity appeared in the chasm. Most of its form was a blob.

"Wake up."

~~~

As Gregory completed the game, he and Freddy looked at the machine in a confused manner. The machine in question immediately shut down after Gregory 'beat' the game. Why was Vanny mentioned in the game? Who was the purple rabbit? Was he Vanny's master? Multiple questions ran through Gregory's exhausted mind.

"What was that about?!" Gregory exclaimed.

"I do not know. This game has proven itself key to understanding Vanny and her relationship with her master. However, it is not the only game we need to play," Freddy replied.

"Think we should hunt down the other games?" Gregory asked.

"Absolutely. I know where the second one is- the Back Room of the West Arcade. The third one's whereabouts are currently unknown," Freddy answered.

"Well... we need to go to the Roxy Raceway! I would want to get the other animatronics out of the way first," Gregory said.

"You are absolutely right, Gregory! Come- we are leaving the Salon," Freddy declared. The two walked out of the Back Room and left the place. They walked back to the Roxy Raceway lobby, choosing the roll-up door leading to the Main attraction. Between the entrance and the end of the Lobby hall, there was a locked construction gate that Freddy had to kick open. Then, they walked through another door, and they were greeted by an open room.

Freddy and Gregory walked into the Roxy Raceway attraction, standing on top of a balcony. The floors were checkered tiles, and the sidewalks on the floor just below them were modeled after roads. Desert decorations were on the floor below to make the Raceway more authentic. Just below Freddy and Gregory were seven party garages, where carts and tools were stored away, as well as a single recharge station. The walls were painted in gray, and had decorations of Roxy painted on them. In the middle of the room was a wide track. That is all that could be seen, as everything else was covered head to toe in construction equipment and building zones. In the far left hand corner of the room was a sealed-off red door with an especially large amount of equipment surrounding it.

"Just look at this place! What even happened to it?!" Gregory exclaimed.

"Huh? Who's there?!" Roxy's voice called out. Instantly, Gregory clasped his hands over his mouth. He nearly gave himself away.

"Be careful Gregory!" Freddy whispered. The two crept behind a small registration building that looked like a house-booth. Then, they walked down the stairs to a road sidewalk. There was a working cart across the street that could be used.

"What's that?" Gregory asked.

"That is a driver-assist cart. However, it is currently broken. The STAFF bot head is in a box somewhere. Maybe we can fix it!" Freddy said.

"Think we can use it? Maybe we can lure in Roxy!" Gregory suggested.

"Say she sees you riding on the track. What would we do? Would I run up there and reboot Roxy?!" Freddy demanded. He didn't understand why Gregory needed a cart at this hour.

"Well, we can run her over!" Gregory suggested. Freddy nearly dropped his jaw out of shock. Gregory wanted to run over a Pizzaplex animatronic?!

"That would destroy her!" Freddy exclaimed.

"Exactly! That way we could maybe reboot her and get her to join us! We're going to need the help," Gregory explained. Uneasily, Freddy let out a reluctant sigh.

"Fine... but we need to be careful! Now, we need to find the head to the STAFF bot driver. You are too short to ride the normal ones, so you must ride this cart. Now, I believe in the far-left corner of the raceway, there is a STAFF bot head we can use," Freddy said. Indeed, Gregory walked over a ramp to get past the party garages. In a corner of boxes near the red door, there was a wooden box with a Driver Assist STAFF Bot inside. However, there was a problem.

"The head is broken!" Gregory exclaimed.

"Well, that is another inconvenient situation. There is a STAFF Bot repair station in the West Arcade we can use! In the party garages, I found a pass to get into the attraction. The time is only 5:15, so we have PLENTY of time to fix the Bot and get back here," Freddy said.

"Well, ready when you are..." Gregory agreed.