Nola

"Why are we doing this again?" Nola asked as she struggled to conjure more water to fight against the fire surrounding her.

"To strengthen our abilities," Blane called out. Nola finally felt the tug in her gut and washed down the fire with her water. Blane looked surprised as Nola formed a water bubble capturing Blane. Everyone else had a winner from their group, but Nola and Blane were the last creatures standing. Blane tried to use his fire to surround himself but Nola formed another layer of water. She couldn't hold it for long and she could feel herself tiring from the strain. A bead of sweat trickled down her forehead. Nola was about to let it go when Blane shouted,

"Alright, I give up!" Nola smiled and slowly took the water away. Blane puffed put a breath,

"Who knew the new kid had it in them?"

"Hey!" Nola said and splashed water on Blane's face. Blane looked like he was about to explode from anger and sparks of fire crackled at his hands.

"You wanna have another round?" He growled. Mr. Flare broke it up.

"Break it up. It was a good match kid, I'm impressed Nola," Nola's face turned into a smug grin and Blane glared at her. The blonde simply smiled and playfully punched Blane's arm.

"Cut the new girl some slack, eh?" Blane rolled his eyes.

"I'm only being nice because you're new," At that sentence, Nola smirked, realizing being a new girl had its benefits.

"You guys are dismissed early, you all did wonderfully well!" Mr. Flare announced and the students filed out. Nola met up with Capri on the way.

"Hey! I didn't see you verse anyone Capri, did you win?" Capri started to groan,

"I was about to win but that stupid girl cheated and pushed me to the ground. Mr. Flare was watching your match with Blane so he couldn't see what happened," Nola laughed at Capri's childish nature.

"Sorry, I distracted Mr. Blane," Nola said as she stifled a laugh. Capri rolled her eyes,

"Don't be, you were really good. Since Blane is the prince he's been training and controlling fire since he was born. It's a pretty great achievement you could beat him, even though water already cancels fire, sometimes fire can overpower water if someone can use a lot," Nola proceeded to digest the information she was given.

Water couldn't completely cancel fire, does that mean Azure got defeated in something?

Wait! Why am I even thinking of Azure?

"Nola, why do you keep zoning out? I swear it's so annoying," Nola gave Capri a death stare,

"Sorry, it's just a lot has happened,"

"Yeah, I get that, but I'm here for you okay?" Nola sighed and nodded. They suddenly bumped into a girl with black hair and dark skin. Her electric blue eyes looked at the friends with disdain.

"Watch where you're going Sephagus!" She snapped. Capri grimaced and allowed her to pass.

"Who was that?" Nola asked, Capri frowned.

"Let's not talk about her,"

"Why?"

"She's the principal's daughter, it was said that her sister, Lilac ran away. Since then, she started to be a bully,"

"What's her name?"

"Atasi. Don't mess with her and you'll be fine,"

"Wait, why does she look like she's all of the Creatures at once?" Nola's curiosity kept growing the more she stayed in this place. The name 'Lilac' sounded familiar, but the blonde couldn't quite place her finger on it. She'd have to do a lot more digging.

"Their family went against the rules and married different Creatures, it's why she looks like a mix, but, all of the kids can only control one power," Capri replied as they walked down the spiraling staircase to the cafeteria.

"They didn't get punished?" Capri shook her head,

"They did, their punishment was that they could be sent on random missions at times to do terrible things for the kings. I'm pretty sure Lilac ran away from home for that sole purpose,"

"That's so unfair, you should be allowed to marry whoever you want," Nola crossed her arms in thought. If such a small thing was punishable, what did Azure possibly do, to the extent that the kings cursed her family? And how did they even curse it? Every single detail was linked to Azure in some way or another. Was Lilac related to Azure too?

Capri nodded, "I agree. The kings are just afraid that if it does happen, the next generation will become more powerful and they're scared that we'll overthrow them,"

"Cowards," I muttered. Capri gave Nola a strange look as they took their seats at their usual table.

"To be the princess, you sure don't like your people," Nola sighed, she was contemplating whether to tell Capri all about her twisted family, but she refrained. Knowing Capri was a big gossip and knew literally everything in the school, the word about Azure would spread, and she would be back to square one, where people would be questioning her existence.

"Hey, Nolean!" Nola looked up to see Cole running towards them with a tray of weird green blobs. He took the seat next to her and scooched closer to her.

"So, how was class? Did you beat Blane's a- I mean, butt?" Nola gave Cole an amused smile.

"You're really not going to stop are you?" Cole smirked,

"Nope! I'm not stopping until I land a date with you,"

"Cole, you seriously need to stop that, Nola isn't interested, you guys just met," Capri interjected. Cole shrugged,

"So?"

" What do you mean so? Do you thi-"

"I'll go on a date with you Cole," Capri looked at Nola like she was the most craziest person on earth. Nola secretly winked at Capri before turning back to see Cole's jaw drop. He quickly changed it into a smirk.

"See you at 5 at the fountain then,"

"I'll be there," Little did Cole know that Nola was going to make it the worst date ever.

HELLO THERE MY BEAUTIFUL ALICORNS AND KEEFESTERS!!! I HAVE BEEN READING ALL UR COMMENTS AND I JS WANNA SAY, TYSM!!!! Some of ur comments rlly made my day and some of them also made me laugh so so hard. Thank you for complimenting on my names that I used, i did a lot of research. And, I'll try to make Azure's chaps longer, I js like them short to add to the mysterious aura he has. I find it rlly ironic that over night, I check my notifs to see I have 269 notifs that were all on my book, and I was like, WHAT?! But once again, tyssm for supporting this book, and you'll find out more!

Remember to be strong, be different and be YOU!!!

BAIIII, ILYSM KEEFESTERS AND ALICORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉😏