Rush

Kunagami alone kept Team Z from losing another player. His grip strained around Raichi, who is busy directing death threats towards Kuon. Only when Kunigami reminded him that one more penalty would remove him from the game and leave Team Z down another player.

The remainder of Team Z anxiously fidgeted in their kick-off positions. With only one goal separating them and the weight of Kuon's betrayal on their shoulders, victory was difficult to foresee.

"Come on, just give it up already. Like I told you, Kuon spilled everything! We know your weapons and your tactics, down to the last little detail!" Keisuke spat in Isagi's face as he tried to dribble away from the Wanima brother.

Kuon stole the ball from Isagi. "He's right, Isagi. Give up. Soccer is a sport that's played by teams of eleven after all. It's twelve on ten now." He laughed. "You don't stand a chance of winning."

Your heart sunk. One more goal and Team Z wouldn't be able to turn the game around. Every beath in the field was held as the ball flew towards Team Z's goal. Iemon's arm stretched towards the ball and his gloved fingers brushed against the soccer ball.

"Nice try!" He batted the ball away. "Get possession of the ball. Just one more goal! We don't have to win, but we can't lose. We only need to tie!" Iemon shouted to Team Z. He was a rather silent goalie, at least from what you've observed, but you couldn't help but applaud his effort to encourage his team.

"Chigiri! Go!"

You distinctly heard Isagi when he shouted for Chigiri to grab the ricocheted ball, but Chigiri's speed faltered when the brothers snickered at him and he lost the ball to them.

"The hell are you doing Chigiri?" Raichi yelled, running past him and chasing down the Wanima brothers.

Five minutes left.

Isagi had the ball, but Team W was encroaching on him.

"Come on now. We know your weapons and tactics, remember? Why keep going when the second try is no better than the first?" Keisuke taunted. "There's not long left now. Let's defend our lead."

The brother blocked Isagi's view of the rest of Team Z. Bachira was also heavily guarded and Kunigami had no space to take a shot.

"Aw look, that's so cute. You really believe you can win if you refuse to give up, don't you? You can keep fighting but the game ends when the game ends, whether you're ready or not. There, see, it's nearly over. You're going to lose."

The PA system sounded, and the monitor flashed. Three additional minutes are added. You weren't sure if you should thank Ego or roll your eyes at him. It was obvious he was enjoying Team Z's game from hell, but the extra three minutes gave them the opportunity to tie the game.

You watched as a cog came loose in Isagi's head as his eyes fixated on the screen with the last remaining time to save his spot in Blue Lock. He sprinted for the ball, stealing it from Keisuke. But Isagi's sloppiness led to Junichi taking it back just as quick.

The closer the game came to ending, the more Team Z started to bicker in panic. You would even go as far to compare it to their very first game.

Isagi followed the ball, making brash plays and expending all of his energy just to make poor attempts at gaining control of the ball. "Chigiri, get the ball! Wake up!" He shouted when Chigiri accidentally blocked his path to the ball. Isagi's hand pulled on Chigiri's shoulder, sending him to the ground.

Just as the ball is about to reach the touchline, Isagi swiped it up with his cleats.

"It's in play, Isagi, pass the ball!" Kunigami called, taking off towards Team W with several Team Z teammates.