The chess championship (EO) ❤️

NO ONE'S POV"Lizzie, what are you doing here?" Y/N smiles as soon as she sees her best friend, immediately walking over to her to greet her with a hug

NO ONE'S POV
"Lizzie, what are you doing here?" Y/N smiles as soon as she sees her best friend, immediately walking over to her to greet her with a hug.

"Well, you're my best friend. I needed to come and support you on this important day" Lizzie smiles warmly, pulling away from the hug and tucking a strand of hair behind Y/N's ear. "I knew you'd win. It was amazing, you were amazing"

The thing is that Y/N had the last match at the grand chess championship and Lizzie knew it, so she came to support her best friend.

Y/N loves to play chess and she's actually really good at it. That good that she won the whole championship and Lizzie's surely so proud of her bestie.

———

Y/N's smile immediately fades when she steps into her classroom only to hear she's the main topic of everyone's conversations.

She's used on being teased and laughed at, but maybe she just hoped that winning the grand chess championship would change it, but it looks like it's the complete opposite.

Apperantly, the win made her look like even bigger nerd than her classmates already thought she was.

The day goes slowly, all the teasing and laughing makes it even slower. Y/N wishes she could just disappear.

When the horrible day comes to an end and Y/N finally steps out of the school, a huge group of people catches the girl's attention.

She walks closer, her frown gets immediately replaced by a bright smile when she spots her best friend standing in the middle.

"Ah, Y/N/N" Lizzie smiles, wrapping her arms around Y/N and pulling her in for a tight hug, and that makes everyone shut up.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asks with a huge smile.

"Thought we could celebrate your win properly" Lizzie says with a smile, giving Y/N's hand a little squeeze.

Even though Lizzie came to support Y/N, they didn't actually get to celebrate after as Lizzie was needed on set for her new movie.

"You're the best" Y/N grins.

"I know" Lizzie teases, nudging her shoulders with Y/N's. "You ready to go?"

"Yes, I-" Y/N stops as soon as she realises she left her phone in her locker. "I forgot my phone, I'll be right back and then we can go" The girl blurts out and before Lizzie can respond, she's gone.

Y/N's quick to pick up her phone, though on her way back a bunch of people gets in her way, blocking her so she couldn't leave.

She opens her mouth to ask if they could let her go, yet the smirks on their faces already give the answer.

And there it goes again... the laughing and teasing for winning the chess match. Y/N just stands there, trying hard to ignore them, but it just seems impossible.

10 minutes pass and they just don't stop. Tears fill the girl's eyes and few tears even escape and roll down her cheeks.

Oh, how much she wishes she wouldn't have left the god damn phone here.

"You think this is funny?" A voice is heard from behind the teens and when they stand aside to look who dared to interrupt, Y/N finds her best friend standing there, an angry expression on her face.

"You should be proud that you have such an amazing, talented and smart girl at your school and not make fun of her for liking chess. There's nothing wrong about it, so just shut up and leave her alone" Lizzie glares at the group, wrapping an arm around Y/N's shoulder and leading her out of the school.

"Are you okay, Y/N/N?" Lizzie asks softly, rubbing Y/N's shoulder as the other girl wipes away her tears.

"Yeah. Thank you" Y/N mumbles out, giving Lizzie the best smile she can do at the moment.

"Screw them, they're just jealous at how amazing you are" Lizzie says as an attempt to cheer her best friend up, receiving a small chuckle back.

"You're the bestest best friend I could ever have" Y/N says honestly, wrapping her arms about Lizzie and giving her a hug. "Thank you"

"I'm only saying the truth. You're such an amazing, talented, beautiful and smart girl, Y/N/N. So screw them and let's go celebrate your win" Lizzie nudges her shoulder with Y/N's playfully, earning a chuckle, so she interlocks her fingers with Y/N's and starts pulling the girl towards her car.

Y/N smiles widely, now knowing better than to listen to a bunch of stupid kids. She has her best friend Lizzie who's truly the most amazing best friend she could ever have.

~~~