Naruto nodded. "I want out of this stupid arrangement I've got with Hiruzen."

"The one where you get tied up every night? Can't see why you'd complain about it, it seems right up your alley."

Naruto blushed. "Ugh, so what! I can't leave the village with him bothering me!"

"Oh, so that's why. You want me to... what, exactly?"

"Teach me a barrier that I don't know, since Kakashi is always cracking mine."

"Your barriers can withstand punches from a Susano'o. How is he breaking them?"

"I know! It's absurd! But he can crack them! Somehow!" He sighed. "So please help me. You have ANBU knockout seals, crazy-good diligence training, and whatever else that I have no idea about."

Sayuri shook her head. "Couple of issues. If I know them, then Kakashi definitely knows, too. I'm also not at liberty to disclose any techniques the ANBU use, for obvious reasons."

She sighed. "But since it's you, I'll do it."

Naruto grinned. "Thank you!"

---

Kakashi rolled his shoulders when night fell.

Time to do a little breaking and entering.

Cracking Naruto's barriers was a lot easier than he let on.

The boy hadn't considered that the Hokage would send someone who could actually crack barriers without resorting to brute force, and it seemed he only knew simple or old barriers. They were strong, incredibly so, but they were well-known and Kakashi knew the weaknesses.

Under heavy transformation, his sharingan began to pick out weak links in the wall, and he quickly set about expanding those links as much as he could.

Oh, Naruto was a skilled sensor, but he had to be awake to detect anything, and the light snoring was a very encouraging sound to him.

The barrier crumbled, and Kakashi unsealed a reel of wire and some chakra restraints.

He had less than a second to react before Naruto, clad in the blood-red chakra of the Nine-tails, barrelled towards him.

If it was almost anyone else, they would've died on the spot, their head turned into messy shards and red pulp.

Kakashi leaned out of the way, electricity roaring to life in his hand.

As he prepared to impale his student, an image came to mind.

Something he hadn't thought of outside his nightmares in years.

Rain and lightning crashed into the stone as the two ran.

"Kakashi!" Rin yelled. "Kill me!"

"I know that's your kink, but I can't! Obito-" Kakashi shouted back.

"I'm being serious! If you don't do this, everyone in Konoha will die!"

Kakashi winced at Rin's sharp remark.

"I won't kill you!"

Rin shook her head in disgust.

A pang of shame entered his heart, and left right after.

It's what Obito wanted.

As he charged at one of their pursuers with a Raikiri in hand, Rin appeared in front of him.

He tried to deflect the blow, make it only a cut, but she pushed his arm into her heart.

"You finally... reached my heart," she laughed, and then coughed.