Chapter 28

"Where are Naruto and Sayuri?" Hinata shouted over to him. "On your left!" she appended.

Sasuke side-stepped and slammed his elbow into Nadare. "I don't know! They haven't responded to anything!"

Sakura leapt up and punched Fubuki in the face.

It really shouldn't have gone like this.

The three had gone to one of the filming locations, a fairly aesthetic cliff face with an abandoned railway on the side.

It had taken a few more seconds before they heard the rumbling.

A massive set of linked steel boxes, a train, roared out of the tunnel before coming to a stop.

A hatch opened, and a tall, older looking man appeared, followed by Nadare, who had leapt to his side.

"Where's my niece? It's been far too long since I've talked with her."

"Yeah, no. Sorry buddy, but it turns out that you're a grade-A asshole who's uprooted the lives of thousands and ruined thousands more." Fire crackled in his palm.

"Come now, it was hardly anything serious."

"I'm so done with corrupt leaders trampling all over others' lives to get what they want, and then dismissing it. Shut it," Hinata snapped.

Doto shrugged. "Fine. Have it your way."

Sandayu stood on an elevated section, with a group of fifty other sword wielding elders. "Your time is up!" Their blades glowed with a luminescent blue.

"Oh, those are the insurgents. Nadare, if you would kindly deal with them?" The man gave a curt nod, then descended into the train.

A crank, and a hail of kunai rushed out faster than most jonin could throw.

He pulled Hinata and Sakura close to him, and activated his Susano'o.

He panicked as the Susano'o cracked under the force.

The knives didn't penetrate the armour though, so the three remained unharmed.

Sandayu and the samurai, however, were not quite so fortunate.

The knives punched through the armour and exited clean out of the other side. By the end of it, Sandayu's chest was filled with holes, and his limbs all had holes inside of them.

Koyuki looked on, eyes wide.

Sandayu could barely raise his voice above a whisper, as holes littered his lungs. Death in approximately thirty seconds, his brain supplied. "You must... you must bring... bring... hope... the spring... of hope."

Koyuki started crying. "This wasn't how it was meant to go! You were supposed to stand by my side until the end!" She sobbed into his chest.

His breath rattled out like a sputtering gear. "I... know. And... I feel that I... I've seen more... more than... enough. Besides... I'm by your side..."

"Shut up!" she sniffed. "S'not alright! We, we were on track to winning and you pick now to-"

"...Please." That word shut her up. "I've.. I've done the... the one thing... that... I was... meant to...do. That... that is enough.

Listen... nothing changes... unless... you wish it so. That is... what your father believed in."

He let out a last sigh, and then fell limp.

"Well, kudos for the death monologue, but quite a pathetic display. However, it was quite useful."

The three turned away from Koyuki.