Chapter 25: Exploring Emotions

Start from the beginning

"I'd walk your sweet curves for days without water. My drink is your lips so don't you think you oughta just kiss me. Brunette and ambitious, you're playing with wild boys. Melting the ice round my heart, girl, with your voice."

As Becca sang the song, accompanied by the rhythmic music produced by the band, she kept her eyes mostly on Freen. Becca felt like every song she wanted to sing from now on should be a dedication to Freen, even if that made no sense. Becca was in heaven after the morning's events and her mind kept slipping back to it, causing her to pick songs she could sing for Freen to show her affection. She wanted Freen to know that even in her music and her love thereof, she felt stronger about Freen than anything.

"Dressed to the teeth in your soft skin and perfume. Only my heart cuts the silence in your room. Strawberry lips saying baby, I want you. Raising my fever tonight so why don't you just... Kiss me..."

Becca continued to undress Freen with her eyes, now knowing exactly what's underneath her clothes. The thought seemed to send a jolt of electricity down Becca's spine and she shivered slightly, especially once Freen caught her staring. Her small smirk was a self-satisfied one, as if she knew what Becca was thinking. Freen was thinking about the exact same thing. How she longed to be alone with Becca again. They both stuck it out and managed to get through practice alive and with their blood in their brain and muscles instead of accumulating between their thighs.

Once practice had come to an end, the members were once again gathered around the seating area with a beer in hand, chatting about their music and their possible set list for the coming band slam. It was the big one, the one they had been practicing for for at least two months now. It was a month with Seng as guitarist, before he was replaced with Freen. Luckily Freen had been the absolute fastest of learners and had been able to pick up the songs without much effort. "Okay so, is everybody still weighing up our selection options? We need one rock song, one ballad, and then one anthem. It can be original or cover. If we get through to the final round next month, we can only do originals." Richie reminded the team as they got comfortable in their seats, both Freen and Becca itching to melt into the same seat. Band was band, though, and allegiance to the band stood apart from personal relationships between members. Therefore, when it was band time, Becca tried to keep it as such and not get too caught up in Freen. Freen tried the same but sometimes it became impossible. Like when they played, how sexy Becca looks when she handles the mic stand, or tips her head back with her eyes closed while singing. It was also in the glances she spared Freen and how those dark eyes would make Freen melt from their intensity. It was, as well, in the way Becca's skin glistened with a sheen of sweat and her muscles, tightening, showed off their chiseled shape.

"Freen!" Heng waved his hand in front of Freen's face. Apparently she had completely zoned out and was not responding, so she blushed terribly and apologised. Heng grinned, however. He picked up on the tension, but decided not to say something and get caught in another awkward position. "Leave her be, Heng. She didn't sleep well." Becca chastised Heng for picking on poor Freen. "Yeah I bet you would know all about that, huh BeckBeck?" Heng wagged his brows suggestively at Becca. Freen's blush only increased. "Heng, stop being  douchebag and leave them alone." Richie's stern voice mixed with the other banter.

"Becca, tell us about last night! How did it feel? Have you heard anything yet?" Richie redirected the conversation and delved into the possibilities of Becca earning a solo career. "It was such a rush, doing something so different. I've gotten so used to jamming that I struggled a little to get an organic feel for the music. But I managed." Richie put his hand upon her shoulder proudly. "You were seriously amazing. They'd be idiots not to let you go through." Becca grinned at her brother and other band mates as they all agreed and clapped their hands for her. Becca nearly buckled at the silly display and the warm and cuddly feeling, things she had always longed for... Including the girl she had always wanted.