Chapter 16: Lub Dub

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I had quite a lot," he replied, finally finishing packing the ice.

"You also smell strongly of women's perfume," her voice tinged with jealousy as she returned her gaze to Sei, longing evident in her eyes.

"I guess, because I was with a girl," came his nonchalant reply, holding out his hand to take hers. "Give me your hand."

Sei gently grabbed her arm, placing the icepack on one of her fingers. As the icepack made contact with her skin, Suzy recoiled slightly, feeling a slight twinge of pain.

"It's weird... I was fine before, but why does it hurt more only after you've noticed," she remarked, a puzzled expression on her face.

"That's how it works," Sei said softly, his voice gentle as he continued to apply the icepack. "You don't even know it hurts until you finally notice it. Then, it will start to sting and bother you endlessly."

"Then, is that why... I am feeling this way?" Suzy's voice was barely a whisper as she closed the distance between them, backing Sei up against the counter. Her arm found its way onto his shoulder, their lips mere inches apart.

Their eyes met, and in that moment, Sei knew that this was more than just acting. Their lips met in a passionate kiss, the intensity of the moment washing over them like a tidal wave, the ice box falling to the floor, scattering ice all over.

Time seemed to stand still as they lost themselves in the intensity of the moment, their emotions raw and palpable. Their lips hungering for the other, forgetting about the purpose of their act.

The crew and the rest of their co-stars watched in awe as Sei and Suzy delivered a breathtaking performance, their chemistry undeniable and their passion palpable. Their lips seemed glued together, as their kiss deepened even more. Sei's heart beat loudly in his chest, as his other arm wrapped itself onto Suzy's waist, pulling her in even more, not wanting to be separated.

Lub Dub

"Cut!" Jung-hyo's voiced pierced through the air. "Perfect, absolutely perfect! The chemistry between you two is undeniable at this point. That was well-done , Sei-ssi, Suzy-ssi."

The words of their director rang through their ears, but they paid no mind to it. As Sei and Suzy pulled away from each other, a flush of color stained their cheeks. They exchanged a shy yet knowing glance, the weight of their on-screen kiss lingering between them.

"A-ah... you did well, noona." Was all Sei could mutter out, rushing off the set to calm his nerves at the bathroom.

Suzy looked at his fading figure, her fingers touching her lips, the memory of their kiss, even if if was all part of acting, playing on her mind.

---

Later that day, the cast gathered for an interview to promote their drama, "Doona!". Sei and Suzy sat side by side, their bodies tense and a bit awkward, especially Sei's, whom still had not recovered from the events earlier in the day.

Their fellow co-stars, including Ha-young-ssi and the other joined them, engaged in lively banter, and telling stories from their time on set and teasing each other.

Sei and Suzy tried to maintain a professional demeanor throughout the interview, but the lingering tension from their kissing scene cast a subtle shadow over their interactions. They exchanged polite smiles and brief nods, but the unspoken tension simmered beneath the surface.

When the interviewer turned the conversation towards Sei and Suzy's on-screen chemistry, the air grew thick with anticipation.

"This has been on our minds lately, Suzy-ssi." The interviewer began, mischief playing in his eyes. "As Sei is a rookie actor, and your male lead. I wonder, how well the chemistry betwen the two of you actually is, and can he actually, 'keep up' per se?"