Ch 18: Thoughts

You stared at the moon while eating some salty crackers. It wasn't everyday that you get to see the moon on the Earth. Although your head was foggy after being in the vacuum of space.

Then you noticed Bubble walking up to you. She looked at you, and then the moon.

"I noticed you werwstaring at the moon a lot. Why is that?" Bubble asked.

"It's... just... weird. Seeing the moon on the Earth is all." You said, then sat down on the ground.

"Earth would be destroyed if the moon collided with it. At least back in my world." You explained.

"Oh..." Bubble said, then sat next to you.

"I never thought that... I'd see the moon this up close in my life." You said.

"Why is that exactly?" Bubble questioned.

"Well... it's very difficult to become an astronaut and be able to travel to the moon. But here, I can see it right in front of me. Which is both exciting and terrifying." You explained.

The both of you then sat together in silence, looking at the moon. Then you thought about something, which got interrupted by Bubble.

"Are you all right? You didn't seem that well after the contest." Bubble asked you.

"I'm fine. My head's a bit foggy though." You said, frowning a bit.

"So... Match was yelling at you... and said you were demoted to a Bemb?" You asked.

"Well, I'm a part of an alliance. But Pencil and Match weren't always this mean before. Our alliance... we used to have so much fun..." Bubble said, thinking back on the good times she had.

That caused you to start thinking about your past. Suddenly, you felt somewhat upset.

"... I wish I didn't argue so much with my parents. It was always over little things, yet they somehow always turn into bigger arguments." You said, shaking your head a bit.

"Makes me think that the relationship between me and my parents would be far better. But... I suppose I just have to live with it." You continued.

"Your parents...?" Bubble asked.

"The ones who brought me into this world. The people who took care of me since I was a child." You said, then sighed.

"I've gotten over not being able to see them... Say, why don't we go over to my team's home and eat something?" You said.

"Sure, that'd be nice." Bubble said as you both stood up and walked over towards your team's home.

When you both arrived, you started to cook some food for the both of you. Which then turned up into you cooking for your entire team since they liked your cooking. Luckily they left after so you and Bubble were alone.

"It sounds like... you're in a toxic relationship with your alliance. Match and Pencil, they're the mean people in your alliance, right?" You asked.

"Yeah, it's only them. But... we used to be good friends. I still want to still be friends with them." Bubble said.

"Well... I guess. Don't blame yourself for their actions though. You're better than that." You said as you finished eating your food.

"Okay..." Bubble said with a bit of hesitation.

You then sat on the ground, taking a few breaths. Then you opened your eyes a bit, as you felt yourself relax a bit.

"I suppose you can stay over for a bit. I wouldn't mind." You said.

"Thanks... Also, can we be friends?" Bubble asked.

"Of course." You replied.

Bubble insisted on inviting Fanny over as well, so you did just that. Since Bubble was still eating, it was clear that Fanny was jealous.

"I hate not being able to eat y/n's cooking!" Fanny complained.

"Okay, okay. I'll make you some food." You said, as you quickly went into the kitchen.

You made some food and gave it to Fanny. Once she ate the food, she seemed to have clamed down somewhat.

"Thanks..." Fanny said.

"You're welcome." You replied.

"I hope that Pencil and Match change... even if it takes a long time." Bubble said.

"I get that... you're upset with them, Bubble. But even if they don't change, I'll still be your friend." Fanny said.

"Thanks Fanny..." Bubble said, smiling slightly.

You nodded your head, glad that the two were getting along. Then your mind suddenly drew a blank. When you came to, you realized that Fanny and Bubble were playing a board game.

You held your head since it hurt a bit. Maybe you just needed to drink some water...

"Y/n. Are you doing okay? You didn't answer us when we asked you if you wanted to join us." Bubble said.

"It's just... I need water is all. Sorry." You said, standing up and walked towards the kitchen.

You got a glass of water and drank it, and then another. Still, you didn't feel right, but you felt a bit better.

Then you took a quick shower, which made you feel a bit better. You looked yourself in the mirror.

"What is wrong with me...? I feel so off... Maybe I just need more sleep." You said to yourself, then went to the living room.

You told Bubble and Fanny that you were going to bed. They didn't seem to mind. So you did just that, and went to bed.

Hopefully you'd feel better before the next contest...