12. Portrait of a girl

Jungkook's POV

 It's Monday morning again and I'm walking towards my dorm room to start with the new week. I headed from home a bit early today so it's only 8:30 Am now.

 I know this week too is going to be hectic. By saying that I mean last week was really terrible for me. I ignored Taehyung last whole week. Luckily I didn't have to bully him. But, Friday I happened to see Donghyuk and Hyunwoo manhandling Taehyung in the boy's toilet. I was about to enter the toilet when I saw them having a terrified Taehyung pinned against the wall. I quickly turned and walked away. I couldn't stand and see any further.

 I thought I could easily ignore Taehyung. But it was a really hard task. It was impossible to not stare at him during maths class. I realized Taehyung really has some effect on me in the last few days. I couldn't believe I literally cried as I lied waiting for sleep in my room on Friday night. I'm sure Taehyung is being bullied not only by my friends but also by other jerks at school and maybe in Dorm too. There is not any scarcity of bullies at Westview. I honestly want to do something to help Taehyung but I can't.

 I stop walking as I realize I already reached in front of my dorm room. I take my key out of my pocket and jam it in the key hole. But strangely the key doesn't turn. The door isn't locked. But I remember I had locked it on Friday evening when I left. Confusedly, I push open the door to reveal a guy wearing only a shorts standing in front of the cupboard, rummaging inside of it.

 “Oh my god!!” he yelps in shock and I quickly close the door murmuring a 'sorry'.

 Probably, he is my new roommate. I think as I stand and wait outside for him to come and open the door for me. Two minutes later, the door opens revealing him in a shirt and shorts.

 “Hi..come in,” he says, giving a tight-lipped smile. I recognize he is one of the guys from the basketball team. His name is also Hyunwoo or something.

 Great! Footballers and Basketballers are lately in very good terms. Not!

 “You are my roommate?” I ask.

 “Or how else I'm here inside this room?” he asks.

 “Yeah..that's right,” I nod. “Your name was uhm..Hyunwoo??”

 “Cha Eunwoo,” He replies.

 “Oh, I see. Eunwoo. You know me?” I ask.

 “Yeah..of course,” he chuckles.

 “So why you changed room?” I ask.

 “My roommate and I couldn't get along well,” he says.

 “Oh.,” I hum.

 “Hope we can get along, Jungkook,” he says, extending his hands to me. I nod and take his hands, smiling slightly.

 The whole meeting hasn't actually appealed to me. I already said Footballers and Basketballers are rivals lately. So, I don't know what my friends have to say about this. Anyway, they won't be trying to bully Eunwoo or anything. If they do, the whole basketball team will come like a disturbed swarm of honey bees. Besides I'm sure Namra has slept with this guy at least once. Well, I mean he is really handsome, well built and all.

 Eunwoo then goes to the cupboard again and starts searching for some jeans or something while I go and lie down on my bed. There's still plenty of time for the first hour. So, I close my eyes deciding to take a small nap.

 I open my eyes to Eunwoo's voice.

 “Jungkook, I'm leaving. Aren't you going? It's 8:50,” he says.

 “Oh, I'm going,” I say and crawl out of the bed.

 “Bye, see you in Physics,” Eunwoo says and leaves. Oh so I share Physics with him.