The Truth

Ishan wakes up and looks at Shubman. He thinks of all the possible outcomes if he decides to confess his feelings and the worst possible outcome is that he might lose this luxury of being so close to Shubman, able to hold him to the sleep, seeing his face first thing in the morning. They were together when they started their carrier in domestic cricket,they were together when they started their carrier in IPL,they were together when they debuted for Team India and now Shubman is going to lead Gujrat Titans in IPL 2024 and they are together. Nothing has changed between them but why Ishan is craving different kind of closeness from Shubman. He was fine with his feelings which has taught him the art of appreciating and touching from distance but not holding. Why does he want to taste the lips of Shub??? He was doing fine?? Why this urge of having more of Shubman is growing in his heart. He wipes his tears and pecks Shubman's lips and whispers "I love You Shub"  and rushes to washroom afraid that his sobs might wake Shub up.
      Ishan comes out of washroom and finds Shub is still sleeping. After getting ready , he leaves for the stadium.
Shub wakes up and finds the other side of bed is empty. He checks his phone and finds a text from Ish.
           Love ❤️
           Shub, Me, Rohit bhai and Shreyas has
           test in the first slot isliye didn't wake u up.
           Acha, hnn after test, I am going out with Abhishek.
           Tu rest kr ,see u at dinner.

Shub throws his phone in anger and screams .... Why Ish why ? Why can't it be me ? Can't you see me? If it's a man you're going to date, what is wrong with me? It hurts Ish to see you smiling at someone. It really hurts and Shub breaks into tears. When he stops sobbing, he checks his phone whether it is in good condition or not. Then he calls Sara and says, Let's meet today, i really need to talk to you. See you in the evening. After shower and breakfast, he leaves for stadium and upon reaching there finds that Ishan has already left with that asshole. Virat comes to Shubman and informs that Ishan score was good and he hopes that Shubman also scores good. With that Virat left and after some time other teammates joins him.
            Shubman is waiting for Sara in the cafe but his mind is engrossed with thoughts of Ishan and Abhishek. Ishan didn't pick his call when he just wanted to tell him about his good score in the test. He is being pulled away from his thoughts when Sara taps his shoulder. Sara hugs him and takes her seat. Before Sara could speak , Shubman blurts out, Yrra.... I can't handle it anymore. I need to tell him about my feelings. He is going on dates with guys and it is hurting me. It doesn't matter if he loves me or not but i have to tell him. But he'll chose me right? He won't leave me right? And he looks at Sara hoping that her words will calm him down. Sara speaks...Calm down, here drink some water. I told you phle bhi ki atleast confess your feelings but you didn't listen me. I don't know what you wanted to check. Arey, He is your best friend and even if he didn't like men, i know he will never judge you because of the people you like. You're dancing around him for last 4 years,this is what you told me but i am sure it has been more than that. Sara keeps scolding Shub about his stupidity but she is his friend and can't see Shub moping in tears.
           Shub drops Sara at home and she tolds him that he must confess soon otherwise he  might lose his chance with Ishan. She pats his shoulders and tells him..i have seen you guys interacting on the field and and off the field through many fanpages and trust me Shubu when i say this...this is more than friendship from his side also. The way he looks at you, the way he smiles at you, the way he consoles you, the way his eyes always looks for you, the way he is always there, this doesn't fit in the definition of friendship and if this is friendship i want someone like that and she laughs. Sara words are comforting and gives him hope about Ish being his. Shub was fine as long as Ishan was not dating someone but his growing bond with Abhishek is making him anxious. He wants to hide Ishan from the world. He wants Ishan to look at him, to touch him, to hold him, to kiss him, to feel him and now Shubman is going to make sure that happens. He heads towards the hotel and instead of  going to the room, he goes to dining area as it's almost time for the dinner. Team is there but Ishan is not. He asks Rohit and tells him that Ishan texted him saying he is not hungry. Shub thinks for some time amd says, bhai mai lekar aata hu usko.
        Shub enters the room and finds that Ishan is not in the bedroom but hears sobs coming from the balcony. He is about to call Ishan when he hears Ishan saying, Mayank, what should i do? Maine dates pr jakar dekh liye. Mere se nhi ho rha. Mai mrr jaunga Shub k bina. Tune dekha n maine kitni kosis ki unn six months me. I just can't take it anymore. My heart doesn't want anyone but Shub. What should i do? Tell me Mayank.Mujhe aadat ho gyi hai uski, vo mere pass na ho toh mujhe kuch acha nhi lgta. Mujhe nind nhi aati hai uske bina aur mera hqq sirf hotel k rooms tk hi haii.I will die without my Shub. He doesn't like me the way i want him to like me. Mayank, please help me. Ishan is crying mess and Mayank is listening to him silently and once Ishan has calmed down, Mayank speaks, Ish, It's high time ,i think you should confess to  him. You're already very late for it. And one more thing, you're afraid about him rejecting you. Ishu, you are already very deep into it and i think once you'll have your answers, it'll be much easier for you. But my heart says...he loves you more than you can imagine. Ishan is shocked to hear that. How can Mayank be so sure about Shub loving him. He asks Mayank, how are you so sure ? Mayank doesn't want to tell Ishan about it because he promised Shubman that Ishan will never know about their little secret but seeing his friend suffering like this and on the verge of giving up on his love, he wants to betray Shubman.
       Mayank speaks from the other side of the phone, On the very first day of your break Subhman called me asking about you. Then I came to know that you have asked him to not contact you. He asked me to give every little detail of you to him. I obliged with his all weird requests because he  sounded so genuine. Ishu, this is not something a friend will do. Think Ishu , think . Will you want to know about every little detail about Virat bhai or other when they on break? Memories of those breaks hits Ishan, how Mayank will ask his pictures on daily basis, how Mayank forced him to send pictures of all his meals and this Mayank did for every day of during the break. It sounded weird to Ishan at first but he obliged because he was too sad to fight. Now it hits him, it was all for Subh. Because Mayank never asked for these things once Ishan returned to team India and once Ishan  returned to Shub.
             Subh is sitting near the wall of the balcony from where Ishan can't see him and tear are rolling down from his cheeks. Ishan's words are still ringing in his mind ...mujhe nind nhi aati uske bina, mai mrr jaunga Shub k bina etc. Now Shubman can't wait anymore. He wants to tell him that he too will die without him but something stops him. Because he can't tell those things to Ishan, he can't tell Ishan that he heard Ishan. He needs to wait. One more day Ish and i am gonna make you mine, he tells himself and leaves the room to join the other members for the dinner.
          Ishan repeats Mayank's word in his mind. Shub was there with you, watching you from afar. Is there more something to this friendship? Should i take my chance? With all these thoughts in mind and little crying, Ishan comes to room, changes to pajamas and goes to bed. Maybe it was because of tiredness of the test,the lucnh with Abhishek or phone call with Mayank, sleep takes over Ishan. Little after 10, Shub comes to the room and find Isahn sleeping wearing one of his t-shirt. You really can't sleep without me, he whispers. He then washes himself up and joins Ishan to the bed. He hugs Ish and kisses his forehead. He brings out his phone and drops a text to Hardik.
                   Herry 💛
                  Bhai, i need a favour 

Hello Everyone....
I love Love. I hope you guys are liking this story so far. I know it's little slow and might be boring for some people. But thank you guys for reading.
Thank you  💛