Break from You

Ishan comes out of airport and media is here . It's been 6 months since Ishan was on break. He poses for media and goes towards the car BCCI has sent for him.After WC 2023 , this is Ishan's first public appearance. He is in the car and they are going towards hotel . Cricket is his first love and no one in this world is capable of forgetting their first love. Ishan is lost in his thoughts again and mind goes back to that particular year when he realised his love for his best friend. That year ( 2020) MI won the title and Ishan' was performance was spectacular throughout the season so as Shubmans . IPL 2020 paved their way towards international cricket and they got selected for team India. Even though Ishan's heart was not in place , he did good. When he realised his feelings for Shubman, he promised himself that it'll be his forever secret.
Shubman's team lost that year but two good things came out of it. Firstly, him and Ish both made it to team India and secondly , him and Sara became really good friends. Shub will share everything with Ish and Ishan being the best friend he is , he'll encourage Shub in every tactic of him to impress Sara. Ish will listen him dearly and how wished that it was him about him Shub is talking about so endearingly. But Ishan couldn't complain, it was not Shub's fault that he fell in love with him and Ishan was sure if Shub had any idea about his feelings,Shub will never talk to Ishan about Sara with him and that is not something Ishan wants. He wants to know what it would be like to loved by Shub. Dynamic between didn't change much, Shub will follow Ish all the time, they will share the bed in hotels during matches and during their day off they will go out for date( friendship date, what Shub termed those outing), Shub will still cuddle him to sleep, they will share clothes. And Ish was happy with these arrangements. He was hopeful that maybe one day ,he might have his time with Shub.
  The thing with love is that when you fall for a person ,you can't help but notice every tiny details about them. Ishan was no exception. Ishan was happy , even though Shub didn't love him the way he wanted him, he was happy that Shub loved him more than anyone. Not even Sara was able to change Shub's priority. Shub will say, I' ll never let you go Ish. You are mine to cherish ,to love. If the whole world is against me but if you are there  with me, I don't need anything. Shub has no idea what these words meant to Ishan. For Shub , it was like that no one can take his best friend away from him but for Ish it was everything he wanted from Shub( maybe littlt more). Their hugs started to last longer. Ish will find Shub looking at him . Ishan's heart was happy. He was sensing some shift in their dynamic. Late night talks, hand holding, movie night in each other embrace. Shub will sometimes kiss Ishan cheeks (he is an idiot) saying that he felt like it. Ishan was losing his mind.
God was not showing him any mercy. Maybe he is?
      Ishan was really happy but as the saying goes " Excess of anything is bad for us". BCCI announced bilateral series with England in all formats. Ish and Shub made it to the team .Team India was really busy with preparations. Year 2023 is approaching and there is Asia Cup and world cup ahead . Team India is eyeing both the cups. Shub is out with Virat bhaiya and other members for some last minute shopping. Ishan in his hotel room is packing his and Shub's luggage. He is done with packing and he is drinking beer in his room's balcony . He is alone with his thoughts and he realises how bad of idea it was. Shub and Sara are dating for almost six months.She is doing her master's from London.There is high chance that she might come to meet Shub and just the thought of it happening stings Ishan's heart. Ish knows that Shub is dating Sara but it didn't bother him that much because he was always by his side 24/7. England tour is gonna change that. Team India will be there for almost 2 months. Ishan takes his phone out his phone and play some music to distract himself. But boy when you're in love, you hear and understand the lyrics and it hurts so bad . Ishan is lost in his thought when he hears the click sound of their room opening. Shub comes to the balcony and shows him the things he bought for them. Song playing : Tumhe kitna pyar karte ( bawaal movie). Ish doesn't listen a single word Shub is saying, he just stares.
   Sir, We are here, Driver says. Ishan is brought back to the moment. He gives driver a smile and comes out of the car. He goes to room which he is going to share with Shub . His heart is sinking and he is making scenarios and sentences in his mind how he is going to greet Shub. He is standing outside the room and finally after five minutes, he knocks the door. There is no response from other side. He texts Shub:
                     Shub💛
                                                                                              I m here .

                  Ish, I m sorry 🙁
                 Rohit bhai took me out for some routine checkup.
                 Keycard is with Rahul bhai
                 See u soon 🫣

                                                                                      Okays, take ur time 🙄

Ishan calls Rahul and heads towards his room. He is proud of himself, he talked normally with Shub. He can go back to being friends with Shub and everything will be alright. He pats his shoulder. Rahul is standing outside his room and when he sees Ishan ,he runs towards Ishan. Ishan is smiling seeing Rahul's excitement . He thinks , team India is really filled with 30 years old kids. Rahul hugs Ishan and they head towards Rahul's room . Rahul asks about Ishan's well being amd they chit chat for a while. Ok bhaiya, for now i am going, i'm really tired. Will take shower and take a nap for a while. Ishan bids goodbye to Rahul and says, See u at dinner today bhaiya. Ishan comes to his room and after shower and some food , he lays down and he doesn't know when sleep embraced him. After sometime, Shubman enters the room and he finds Ishan sleeping so peacefully. Shub smiles and says,how tired you were that you didn't even put a shirt on. Shub washes himself up and joins Ishan on the bed. He lays beside Ishan and looks at him and whispers after six months , i am feeling peaceful. Please don't go for such long breaks otherwise take me along with you. He kisses Ishan's forehead and world just seem happy to him. The void he was feeling for last six months is filled with Ishan by his side. He tucks Ish's hair and plays with earing for a while. He sleeps cuddling Ishan.
Ishan is startled by his phone ringing. He sees,Rahul is calling. He declines the call and drops him text asking What happened? Rahul replies and says Dinner is at 8. Inform Shubman also. Bye. Ishan replies ok and looks at the hand wrapping around his waist. He looks at Shubman for the first time in six months and whispers who was reminding you about dinner when i was not here. His heart is betraying him again, he thought he was strong , but seeing Shubman wrapped around him like this. He wants to be greedy . He wants to be the only one who sees this sight of Shub. Messy hair, plump lips, big eyelashes,those cute dimples and just everything about Shub. He takes his time to admire Shub and plants a kiss on his forehead saying " I was running from you yet you never left my mind. How can i fall out of love when i don't even know how i fell in love. I missed you so damn much Shub". He looks at time, it's 6:45 now. They still have time before dinner. He puts an alarm for 7: 30 and sleeps hugging his Shub. He thinks and reminds himself this is last time he is going to let his greediness of keeping Shub near him take over. One last time, he repeats. He fits perfectly in arms of Shub, with his lips touching the crook of Shub's neck. One last time Ishan, he reminds himself again and again untill sleep took over.
The thing about Ishman is that they are there. There is no awkward phase even if they are meeting after long time. They will start from where they last left. Because it's them, soulmates,as they call themselves. There company itself is a comfort not only to them even for people around them. They are Ishman, sole reason of each other existence. Peace has taken over them when alarm rings and this time Shub wakes up amd sees the time. He looks beside him and wakes Ishan up, Ish , wake up, alarm is ringing. Ishan wakes up and looks at Shub , Shub is looking at him with those beautiful eyes of him and his sleeping face is making him look extra cute. Shub without wasting anytime hugs Ishan and wraps his legs around him and says, You have no idea how much i missed you . Ishan embraces the moment again for one last time ( author coughs) and tells Shub, Not more than me. Shub lets Ishan be, he is afraid that what if he says something and Ish is not here anymore. This is all just a dream. He hugs Ishan so tightly afraid that he might drift away somewhere ( my man Shub is down bad, he just doesn't know yet). Ish breaks the silence and speaks, Shub we have to go for dinner. Rahul bhaiya told me. Shubman huffs in annoyance and say why now? This is nice and he pulls Ishan closer again and asks , Do we really have to go Ish? Ishan hums in response and Shub lets go of Ishan. Ishan speaks, Shub , this is my first team dinner after six months, i really can't miss this. Shub looks at Ish ( ohh god he is such a baby, ishan thinks) and says okay you go wash up first and i' ll decide outfit for us.
              Team India is at dinner table except the coach Dravid Sir and now no one can stop them from being the joker ( c'mon we love this side of them). Ishan and Shubman joins them and everyone goes ....oooooooo, looks like our couple is finally here. Hardik comments, Shub , tere sasural se aaye  kya ye kpde? matching- matching and winks in Shub directions. Shub ears are red now and Ish can see that but he reminds his heart, no ish , just friends, just friends . They take care their respective seats and Rohit says , Ishan , we are really happy that you are here. Lets give our best to upcoming tours. They finish their dinner with teasing and banter here and there (classic team India). After dinner, everyone left for thier respective room and Rohit reminded them about practice tomorrow at 7 am. After everyone left, Shub asked Ishan , Do you want to go out for some icecream date? Ish said looking at Shub , let's go ( one last time , he reminded himself again)

Hello people.... I don't know if anyone is going to read this but if you guys read please give some feedback in comments. Thank you 🥰