drew looks at me, i fake a smile so he cant see

Lexie walked onto the pristine campus of Storm Coast High School, located in the extremely small beach town of Storm Coast, an hour away from San Diego. She was now a sophomore and spotted her best friend, Leilani. Leilani was 5'7, dark haired, tan skinned, and had voluminous eye lashes outlining her doe eyes. They met during club volleyball a few years ago and have been inseparable ever since. Lexie walked up to Leilani.
"BESTIEE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVERRR!" Lexie said sarcastically. They had beach volleyball together yesterday.
"Shut up, you literally saw me at beach yesterday."
"I know silly, don't you appreciate my sense of humor?"
"Uhh, not really."
Lexie rolled her eyes playfully and smiled. "What class you got first?"
"English, kill me now. What do you have Lex?"
Lexie laughed. Leilani hated most classes at school, while Lexie enjoyed them at times.
"I got geometry, I hope we're not doing too much learning. I got no sleep." The bell rang. Their classes were on opposite sides of the school, Lexie's having the coveted beach view.
"Ughhhh. See you later Lexie."
"See you after class."
Lexie and Leilani parted ways. As Lexie reached her class, she spotted a few people she was familiar with. Charlie, the benched setter for their team, and... there was Leo, the person she hated the most at this school. He was obnoxious and just the complete opposite of Lexie, personality wise. And now they had class together. This wasn't a great start to Lexie's sophomore year of high school.
Lexie took a seat on the opposite side of the classroom, by Charlie. The tardy bell rang, and the teacher introduced herself.
"Hello students, I'm Ms. Moore, and I'm your Geometry 10A teacher. I will be pulling out the seating chart right now, as it's easier for me to teach this class with the help of a seating chart." She set the seating chart on her desk.
"Go find your seats!"
They all crowded around the teachers desk. When Lexie finally got to see her seat. She found herself in the back.
Right. Next. To. Leo.
She sighed quietly and took her seat. Leo walked over, frowning at Lexie, and plopped down onto his seat. Lexie wanted very badly to move, but the class was full.
All that Lexie could think about was the varsity team's first practice of the season after school, and their game against their rival school, Spring Hills High, in two weeks from today.
Leo passed down a very thick packet of what looked like notes for the day. Lexie groaned quietly and Leo seemed to make a face when he heard her.
"I'm not a fan either." he said.
"Who is a fan?" Lexie replied.
"So I'm gonna manage for the team this year."
Lexie rolled her eyes.
"Why?"
"Because it'll look good for college."
"'Kay."
Lexie started copying down the notes on the board, and Leo followed, writing sloppily. Lexie wondered how he was going to ever be able to read that. And then she noticed. Leo had gotten cuter over the summer. He had a tan, his beachy curls framed his ocean green eyes, and his arms had gotten more muscular.
Lexie looked back at her neatly written notes, and zoned out.
Before she knew it, the brunch bell had rung, and she was on her way to meet Leilani.