I am nothing like him!

A 4 year old Ace woke up to a loud noise of something falling so he ran from his room to the kitchen.

{Dark as midnight}

Ace ran to go to his mother who was crying.

{Six-pack Coors Light}

Ace was confused but he didn't like seeing his mother cry...

{You don't look the same}

Ace then saw the paper and saw his father smiling on the paper.. the word execution was the thing that made Ace angry.

{Past my bedtime}

He felt his mother pick him up and put him to bed with a smile...

{Blue and red lights}
{Come take you away}

Ace ran to go and save his mother who was being pulled away by the marine. He turned to look to his uncle Rayleigh who was hiding Ace from the marines. There was a rumor spread that the pirate king had a wife with child. His mother sacrificed herself so that Ace wouldn't be found.

.
.

Ace was crying as Rayleigh hugged him...

{Hate to see you like a monster, so I run and hide}

'Hate to ask, but what's it like to leave me behind?'

Ace cried himself to sleep with Rayleigh and his wife next to him.

.
.
.

Rayleigh took him to meet Monkey D dragon. Who had a son too...

{I won't be, no, I won't be like you}

Ace looked at the boy and smiled. They both began to run after each other as they played tag.

{Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth}

Ace would always visit Luffy at east blue. That's were they met Sabo.

{Eyes like yours can look away}

Ace would always feel a sort of comfort when he saw luffy his eyes. They reminded him of his parents. So free so alive...

{But you can't stop DNA}
{No, you can't stop DNA}

.
.
.

{Twice a year, you come in crashing}

One day Ace was with Rayleigh at east blue when they met a certain red haired man. The red haired man greeted Rayleigh who scoffed and smiled.

"Nice to see you too"

{Johnny Cash and backseat laughing}

Ace watches as luffy was talking to Shanks and how Rayleigh was enjoying his sake. Makino was being helped by Rayleigh his wife...

{Always ends too soon}

After a while people were panicking when Shanks lost his arm while saving luffy...

{Hate to say hello 'cause I know that it means goodbye}

Ace watches Shanks give luffy his hat. Ace turned to Rayleigh who was smiling when he saw that.

{Hate to ask, but what's it like to leave me behind?}

Ace was confused but he never questioned it as he watched the red haired pirates leave...

.
.
.

At age 17 Ace left to make his own crew. Rayleigh was a great mentor and taught Ace everything he needed.