Makes Me Wanna Play Around With You

Six Months Before Odasaku's Death

Carefully stepping through the darkness, Dazai looked down in disappointment at the broken and faltering boy in front of him, coughing and wheezing as even more blood poured from his lips "D-Dazai.."

The port mafia executive didn't want to hear it, his cruel and dull stare towering over his useless subordinate with a heavy sigh, in order to shake out his last punch.

It had been only about a month since he had picked up the young Akutagawa from the slums and brought him into the twisted underground of the port mafia.

But even still, the boy was lacking the skills he needed to impress Dazai. Sure, he had the passion and the drive but his movements were sloppy and uncoordinated. If he went like this then he'd surely be dead before his first mission.

And perhaps it was an oversight, to see the potential that Akutagawa had. Perhaps the kid was truly useless. And here Dazai thought he could form him into a new generation, a new "double black" as it were.

Pushing his fingers into the ground in order to lift his head up, he then physically flitched as Dazai's cruel words cut into him like venom. "That's not good enough. You will never survive the port mafia with that weak attack."

Akutagawa only dipped his head down though, the shame pouring through every one of his muscles before he tried to get his overspent and overused body to move once more. "I.."

Dazai didn't care though, he didn't have the capacity to. This was how he was taught, how he was brought up. It only made sense to pass what he learned onto Akutagawa as well.

Violence, bloodshed, cruelty, those were the building blocks in which he thrived and succeeded. They were what kept him alive, regretfully.

And soon they would be essential for Akutagawa as well.

Taking out his gun from the holster, the executive then scoffed before pointing the barrel straight into the child's head, his voice void of any emotion. "Maybe I should just throw you back into the slums where you belong? It would be a lot less work."

His subordinate then gasped in pure fear before his shaky fingers made their way towards Dazai's feet, the boy crying out in order to beg like the pathetic dog he was. "N-No! Please, I'll be better. I promise!"

The mafioso only narrowed his eyes though, only feeling annoyed by his little act. If he thought Dazai was going to let up or feel pity for such a worthless display then he was sorely mistaken.

No, right now the kid just looked like every other sorry soul that crossed him. They all did the same thing, begging and pleading and crying. It was so boring. He was so boring for showing those wasteful tears.

Closing his eyes, Dazai then frowned before kicking his foot straight into the kid's ribs, his body crumbling immediately with a gasp before the demon stood over him with command. "Show me."

He then watched as Akutagawa held his side before immediately complying in order for Rashomon to materialize and head straight for the bandaged man with a screaming cry of pain.

But like Dazai had said before, his moves were sloppy, the black being disappearing the moment it touched the mafioso's skin in order for him to scoff at the pathetic attempt. "Pathetic."

Then before the kid could process it, his master's hand was around his throat, squeezing his airways as he looked up at the demon with a choke gasp. "D-Daz.."

Dazai only cut him off though, his hold tightening before speaking plainly. "Your face shows fear, weakness, failure. All the qualities I have no need for."