1 | 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘳𝘥

Start from the beginning

"What the hell?" Isaac muttered as he tried to turn the engine of the machine back on, but his attempt failed as it just let out a pathetic little noise.

"What the hell-,". Organ began to say but she didn't have time to finish as whatever the hand had belonged to came charging at her and Isaac at a rapid pace, they didn't have a second to react before it charged into the side of them, sending the siblings flying down into the grave that was in the middle of being dug, the machine soon collapsing after them, sending the shattered glass of the windows and mirrors crashing down onto them as they protectively put their arms over their heads to stop glass from getting into their eyes.

When the rainfall of shards stopped, Morgan looked up just in time to see the thing that had sent them down her jump over the grave and run away with rapid speed.

"What the hell was that?" Morgan said breathlessly as she pulled herself to sit up against the dirt wall of the hole they were currently trapped in.

Issac shook his head as he moved to sit beside his sister, "No idea. But whatever it was, was horrifying." He said as Morgan swallowed worriedly as she heard some kind of animalistic snarling in the distance above them.

Issac slowly stood to peer over the top of the dirt wall, knowing that out of the two of them he was the one most likely to see over, with Morgan being barley five foot there was no chance that she'd be able to catch a glimpse of the thing.

Her worry only grew when she saw Isaac's pupils double in size at whatever he was looking at as the thing let out another loud animalistic growl, "What is it?" Morgan asked her brother, but the boys eyes didn't deter from whatever the thing was that he was looking at, "It's digging up a grave." The boy whispered, his tone unbelieving, but Morgan just shook her head.

"What?" She breathed out, confused and worried about the whole situation, "that makes no sense. If it was a grave robbery, how'd they push a thousand pound machine over, with us on it?"

Isaac just shook his head, signalling he was also unsure as he ducked back down onto the floor of the grave, dragging Morgan to sit with his as they both drew in heavy breaths.

The twins sat there, breathing heavily as they heard loud sounds of snarling arms whimpering coming from the supposed grave robber above them.

Morgan looked up in confusion when a loud creaking noise could be heard from above the twins, she saw the machine above them slowly being lifted up from atop the grave, and once it was fully moved, Morgan saw a man with short black hair appear over the top of the grave.

Morgan recognised him to be Derek Hale, she recognised him from when she was watching the local news one night, he was accused of being a murderer but his name had been cleared a couple months back.

He looked down at the two Lahey siblings, stuck at the bottom of a grave, covers head to two in dirt and asked, "Need a hand?"

Morgan threw her head back in relief that the pair wouldn't die at the bottom of the hole in the ground and let out a sigh of relief, "God yes please."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

EARLY THE NEXT MORNING, once the sun had finally risen, the twins stood besides their father in the now very crowded graveyard, the place now crawling with police officers looking for evidence of the actions that occurred that night, as Morgan and Issac recounted the events to Sheriff Stillinski.

"Lahey, Isaac Lahey." The boy said when the Sheriff asked him for his name to put on the evidence report.

"Right," Stillinski said scribbling it down on his notepad before looking towards Morgan, "and you are?"