𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐.

Author's PovIn the natural progression of their journey married, Jorja and Ebony's path led them to seek a sperm donor

Author's Pov
In the natural progression of their journey married, Jorja and Ebony's path led them to seek a sperm donor. Their search was met with success, finding someone who was just right. Following their vows, a sense of eagerness enveloped Ebony.

The thought of expanding their family sparked a blend of joy and a flutter of nerves, as she contemplated the beautiful experience of nurturing a new life within. Ebony's anticipation was palpable; even before broaching the topic of a sperm donor, she'd been creating a list of potential baby names in her journal, each one etched with hope and love.

In the end, after much contemplation and considering various options, she found herself drawn to the names 'Aurorá' and 'Isaiah' for their elegant simplicity and the almost certain guaranteed that they there wouldn't be any mispronunciations.

She understood that as a lesbian woman, the journey to motherhood might be fraught with unique challenges, but she embraced this path with resilience. Each obstacle, she believed, was not a setback but a preparation for the joy that lay ahead.

The negative pregnancy tests, though they brought tears and shared sorrow with Jorja, only strengthened her resolve. They were not just moments of grief, but poignant reminders of the love and commitment that would one day, she hoped, nurture a child of their own.

Today, Ebony was suffused with an unfamiliar feeling, a feeling that whispered of change as she approached yet another pregnancy test. The specter of potential failure loomed, its weight heavy with uncertainty; she couldn't fathom her next steps should disappointment strike once more.

Yet, it was the prospect of Jorja's sadden expression, the sorrow that would cloud her features at news of another unsuccessful attempt, that truly pierced Ebony's heart.

Jorja lingered downstairs, keeping Solèigh company, while Ebony locked herself in their bedroom. With a trembling exhale, she extracted the pregnancy test from its cardboard confines, cradling it in her palms. Her gaze fixed upon it, thinking hard about the outcome of it.

Ebony's heart raced as she reached for the cup of water on the counter, her nerves palpable. She quickly downed it, knowing it was necessary to provide the urine for the test. Anxious and impatient, she paced back and forth in the spacious bathroom, waiting for the moment when nature would call. With a sigh, Ebony reluctantly grabbed another plastic cup and made her way to the toilet.

Crouching low, Ebony positioned the cup just right, collecting her sample with care. Once done, she made her way to the sink, adding soap, before rinsing her hands clean, then gently dabbing them dry. With a steady hand, she immersed the test strip into the waiting cup. "Now we wait," she whispered to herself, leaning against the cool counter, head tilted back, eyes shut, the weight of anticipation hanging in the air.

Truth be told, Ebony was scared.

She was certain of Jorja's unwavering love, regardless of the outcome, yet she was acutely aware of their shared longing for a child. Solèigh, too, had been yearning for a sibling. She yearned to fulfill this dream for her family; the thought of disappointment loomed over her, threatening to brand her with the mark of failure.