𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓.

Play 𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝🎧🎵

Author's Pov
It was currently 2:00 in the afternoon, and Ebony was downstairs, indulging in a pre-rolled blunt. Jorja was still upstairs, sleeping in Ebony's room, and Ebony decided to let her sleep in, not wanting to disturb her since she was obviously tired from last night.

Despite Ebony's strong desire to cuddle with Jorja, she decided against it and left her to peacefully sleep.

The two girls had remained awake through the night, even constructing a cozy fort in the living room as per Jorja's suggestion, inspired by a similar creation she had spotted on Pinterest. Ebony found it endearing how enthusiastic Jorja was about their impromptu "sleepover," as Jorja liked to refer to it. Both of them reveled in their shared happiness and carefree moments together.

Snapping Ebony out of her daze, Siri's voice suddenly pierced the silence, announcing, "You have an incoming call from an unknown number."

Ebony picked up her phone from the small coffee table and glanced down to see an unfamiliar number calling her. Irritated at having her high interrupted and assuming it was likely a scam, she groaned in annoyance. However, upon closer inspection, she squinted her eyes and realized it seemed to be a typical number.

Extinguishing out her blunt in the ashtray, Ebony's long nails pressed against the green button and accepted the call, choosing to wait for the caller's first words since she didn't recognize the number.

"Ebony? Baby, is that you?" came the voice on the other end, instantly recognizable to Ebony, despite having been kept at bay for so long. Ebony's expression immediately faltered as she froze in place.

As the familiar bitter voice pierced the silence, Ebony's heart plummeted, and she surged up from the sofa, knocking over the ashtray onto the white carpet in the process before speeding to the back door, outside.

It was her mother. The woman who, five years prior, had turned her back on her own daughter. The woman who had washed her hands of Ebony the moment she resorted to stripping to fund her college education, her dreams of higher learning clashing inescapably with the harsh reality of financial strain.

Ebony's thoughts spun like a tornado, torn between the familiar longing for maternal love and the indignant rage that had become her armor. She had built walls to protect herself from the pain, only to find them shaken by the mere sound of her mother's voice.

The memories, like unwelcome guests, resurfaced with startling clarity. The stinging recollections of slammed doors, tearful pleas, and the final, damning words uttered in a fit of fury. 'Leave and never come back.'