𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏.

Play Hotel- Montell Fish 🎧🎶

Jorja's Pov
I groggily peeled my eyes open and slowly sat up in the spacious bed. The memories of me entering Jorja's room at 2am due to the thunder quickly inundated my mind. A blush crept up my cheeks as I reminisced about her snuggling with me.

I had never been that close to another human being before. Being in her embrace filled me with an overwhelming sense of affection and solace.

With limited time to daydream about it, the sound of rain conversing with the window jolted me back to reality. Sensing the bed's slight chill, I turned my head towards Ebony's side of the bedand discovered it was empty. A frown formed on my face as I slowly rose from the bed.

I stretched my arms above my head, and let out a yawn, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. As I stood up, I could feel the chill of the room against my bare skin.

I walked over to my bag, which was perched on the doorknob of what I presumed to be her closet door. From it, I retrieved an additional toothbrush and a compact toothpaste that I always carried with me. With that in hand, I proceeded towards the bathroom and flicked on the lights. I squinted at the brightness and began brushing my teeth.

Once I finished my routine, I gazed at my reflection in the mirror and was abruptly reminded of the encroaching vitiligo around the bridge of my nose and eyelids. I held onto the hope that Ebony would still perceive me as beautiful, despite my condition.

Letting out a deep sigh, I switched off the lights and carefully returned my toothbrush to its case, tucking it back into my purse. As I did so, my thoughts wandered back to Ebony and pondered her current whereabouts.

Where was she?

Rubbing my weary eyes, I made my way towards the door, ready to search for Ebony. "Ebony?" I called out in my groggy voice, the sound echoing through the empty house. Just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, the alarm system blared, indicating someone's entry into the house. Instinctively, I slowly backed up on the stairs, unsure of who it could be.

As I heard the sound of footsteps drawing nearer to the staircase, my heart started racing within my chest. Without wasting a moment, I swiftly turned around and hurriedly ascended the steps.

Out of nowhere, a voice called out, "Jorja? You're awake!" Surprised, I turned my head towards the bottom of the stairs. To my amazement, there was Ebony, holding a bunch of groceries in her hands.

My face quickly changed from terror to a sense of relief. "You good? You seem like you just caught a spirit," Ebony commented, letting out a laugh. I let out a nervous chuckle and made my way towards the bottom of the stairs to help her with the groceries. "I thought I did," I whispered, taking the bags from her.

"I had no idea you left," I sighed, gently placing the groceries on the kitchen island. Ebony arched an eyebrow and tilted her head in surprise. "Seriously? I left a note on the nightstand. You probably overlooked it."