𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗: 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Before we know it we are heading to the elevators. "You are staying in Gios penthouse for the week. For safety reason." Enzo informs me as I'm leaning against the elevator wall. My eyes close with tiredness as the events from today hit me. Even though I didn't do much.

"I don't want to stay with him if Celeste is going to be there. I mean why marry an outcast instead of marrying someone your just going to be around anyway." I grip the bag on my shoulders as he huffs. "I understand, I don't get why he's acting this way."" Enzo let's me go first out of the elevator and I connect with the interior of the penthouse.

"" Enzo let's me go first out of the elevator and I connect with the interior of the penthouse

I walk in further and set my bag on the long white couches. Steps sound from the stairs and I turn to see Gio walking down with just his black dress shirt and black pants. I don't want to drool over his attire so I look away at the view of the city before me.

"Where's the walking Barbie doll?" Enzo asks from behind me. I hold in a chuckle as Gio start to talk, his deep voice making to room seem very quiet. "She's staying in another room. I don't need her voice ringing in my ear the hole week."

This time I turn around, our eyes connecting in the process. "Well I'm going to go to my suite. I'm tired as fuck." Enzo grabs his bag from the floor. "Call me if you need anything."

I really don't want to stay here with Gio. After he's been nothing but a dickwad to me. For gods sake I'm his wife. But what can you expect from a mob boss.

As soon as Enzo leaves I also grab my bag. "Where is the room I'm staying in?" I ask him quietly. "Up the stairs and to the right. It's right by my room." I nod my head but he can't see that because I'm already making my way up the stairs. I don't want to talk to him.

"Hey. Stop." He demands, grabbing my wrist. "What's your problem." He seethes.

"What's my problem!" I grit out, yanking my hand from his. He has the nerve to ask my my problem after doing absolutely nothing to him.

"Ive been doing nothing but stay out of your way. You've been treating me like shit since we fucking got here, and all I feel like is shit." My rambling stops when he shakes his head. "The only thing you've been doing is making things harder for me." His voice is full annoyance. How could I make things harder when I'm literally not doing anything?

"Please just let me go to bed. I'm very tired and I'll be out of your way." I switch up my attitude and plead for him to let me be. "Good. We have to be up early tomorrow for a breakfast with important people so do not carry whatever you've got goin on to the morning, yes?" Internally rolling my eyes I say a quick 'yes' before turning around and finding my room.

I open the door and quickly close it behind me. Tossing my bag to the side and plop on the he hard bed and let out a aggravated sigh. I feel a wave of relaxation come over me and all I want to do is rest. Or better yet, call Enzo and spend the night with him. Maybe he will brighten my mood.

But the relaxation is quickly replaced with annoyance as I get up and grab my skincare and showering products.

There were already towels provided so I didn't bother bringing one. I strip from my day clothes and get into the warm water letting us soothe my tense muscles.

I want to build a relationship with Gio. I really do. But I don't know if that's even possible with his attitude change 24/7. Why didn't he just Mary that plastic instead? I'd be happier and he would be less annoyed. Well I wouldn't be happy, but you get the point.

I shut the water off and wrap my body in the towel. Walking into the cold room I search for my bag in the dark. And fuck I hate the dark.

Trying to find the light switch is the hardest thing to do in a room your not familiar with. I get scared and eventually find it, switching it on and releasing a breath of relief.

I walk to my bag on the chair and find a matching black lace set. Slipping on the bra and panties, I run my hands down my sides. Feeling pretty confident right now I do something I never knew I would do.

I grab my phone and click on the camera app. Finding the body length mirror across the room, I step in front of it. Angling my body at the perfect spot with the dim lights I snap a picture. 

My mind instantly tells me to delete it but my heart is telling me to keep it. It's not everyday I feel this good in my body. I apply the lotion onto my body and slip on a pair of white sweatpants and a baby pink crop top.

I reluctantly go over to the mirror again and sit on the floor. I keep my legs together and let my natural arch of my back stay in frame. I make sure my face is blocked from the phone before snapping a picture again. Obviously this one is less scandalous so I'm less persuaded to delete it.

In return to my bed and examine the photos I had taken. I'd never see myself doing this but it made me feel so good in my own skin to look at this good not think insecurely about my scars or body. I click my phone off and unpack my clothes into the drawers.

I feel like a teenager who just sent thigh pics to her first boyfriend as I sit back in bed letting the tv play. Only it's just me seeing the photos.

Smiling to myself the wave of sleep hits me like a train and before I know it, I'm drifting off into a peaceful night of sleep.

A/n
Athena getting into her feels 🥴

Also we are at 18k reads. That's is fucking insane!!!

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter ——>

Love ya munchies 😽😽