“Congrats! I need you to email that quotation to H&H properties. Do it before you go for break,” he instructed, “they are receiving the delivery on the 4th, if they pay in time.”

“Ok, sir.” 

“You can go.” 

He followed her a few seconds later, with his keys and phone.

ALIGHTING FROM HIS Toyota Corolla, Clint saw Pete, through the transparent wall of the showroom, attending to a group of three people on the first floor. He watched him point around the space and discuss with them.

Clint went for the elevator. He stopped by the first floor and exchanged pleasantries with Pete and the customers. 

“He is doing just fine,” Pete replied to his asking about Ózó, “what do we owe this visit?” 

“Nothing. Was closeby, and I decided to stop. What about Tina?” He asked.

“At her office.” 

“Let me say hello too. It's been a while.” 

Pete waved a go-ahead to him, and he made for the elevator again.

Clint Was The last person she wanted to see today. Looking at him through the transparent wall of her office disturbed her, no thanks to her father; she would have easily dismissed him. But he had seen her too, courtesy of the transparent wall. Her system beeped a notification from her secretary on Clint's visit. She gave her approval, and Clint walked into the room in a matter of seconds, carefully closing the large glass door behind him after gaining entrance. 

His presence made her betray her emotions. She had been preparing for a day like this. She had cleared him of all crime and decided to move on. Distancing herself was a part of the plan. She would not continue that close with him for her sanity. For now, their friendship was on hold, till she could kill the emotions at least. Now with him standing before her desk, all these vanished at the sight of Clint, as though witnessing a temporal memory loss. His presence weakened her. She found herself sulking.

“Hey!” He hesitated. “Good day.”

She waved weakly at him. 

Clint assumed a seat before her. He admired the beautiful feminine interior of the office. An awkward moment of silence ensued between them, followed by short eye contact at intervals.

“You didn't mention you were coming,” Tina typed. Clint read from the desk monitor facing him. He was a bit surprised by the text, it never occurred to him the computer monitor served that purpose before now.

“You would have said no. I mean, you would have turned me down like you have always done lately.” 

Tina relaxed on her seat and folded her arms against her mammary region. She took her gaze away from Clint and towards the street. Her emotions betrayed her. Written all over her face was every form of emotions she bore within. She fought back tears. 

Looking At Tina, Clint saw what he couldn't see through their chat that night. What he actually tried to decipher from her message; how she felt. This was beyond what he had imagined. He was dumbfounded. She had felt really sad. He felt bad. 

Not until now, he thought that anything he had for her was under control. He was wrong. Maybe this was because he hadn't seen her like this before. He felt bad seeing her that way. Her emotions broke through his barriers.

The plan was to make peace not to sympathize with her. Sympathize? This goes way more above sympathy. She exhumed an affectionate feeling within him. Tide of emotions coasted him. He became more conflicted than before. He fought for his calm.